navigating to coordinates on iPhone

izzyiz

Does anyone know of an iPhone app that can navigate to specific coordinates that I can input? the geocaching official app works wonderfully, but not on, say, a multicache where a second set of coordinates needs to be navigated to.

when I enter coords into the google maps app, it drops the pin at the general address, not the correct point:( if anyone knows Amy tricks or good aps to solve this I'd be very happy!

On the Navigate to cache screen you can tap the flag button in the upper right corner and edit the Lat and long there. Then tap on set to geochache location and your good to go. Then change it again for any additional stages.

Thanks very much. :D :D I can't believe I didn't notice that all this time I have been using the app.

Does anyone know of an iPhone app that can navigate to specific coordinates that I can input? the geocaching official app works wonderfully, but not on, say, a multicache where a second set of coordinates needs to be navigated to.

when I enter coords into the google maps app, it drops the pin at the general address, not the correct point:( if anyone knows Amy tricks or good aps to solve this I'd be very happy!

You might also try an app called "Motion X" which is a great general purpose GPS app. I have the paid version but the free or "Lite" version works just fine as well (just doesn't let you save as many waypoints and routes).

"Geocaching Toolkit" is another free app that can be helpful with multis, including projecting a waypoint.

You might also want to consider Geosphere, which lets you add waypoints to a cache ... and then later export the GPX so you can put that information into GSAK for example. One thing I like about Geosphere is I can export a waypoint to Navigon and then get my turn-by-turn driving directions to it if I want.

GPS Motion X (iTunes Link) is another excellent tool for geocachers, as mentioned above.

On the Navigate to cache screen you can tap the flag button in the upper right corner and edit the Lat and long there. Then tap on set to geochache location and your good to go. Then change it again for any additional stages.

Sorry to jump on an old post but I have same question as OP, but I don't have a flag button in top corner of geocaching app. Is this only available to premium members?