March Photo Competition

Thank you Zarbi&Zarbibird for choosing us as the winners for the February competition.

The rules are the same as those used in previous months.....

1) The photo must be cache related and to do with a specific UK cache, caching series or caching trip - please include a link to the cache or the GC.... code so we can see where the picture relates to.

2) Two photos per caching team or cacher. (Maybe 3 if you really have an extra pic that's great!)

3) A new thread is started each month, with the OP stating these rules.

4) The winner each month is decided by the winner from the previous month - the new winner starting the thread for the subsequent month. They may set a theme* if they wish.

5) Photos should be recent. Higher credit will be given to photos taken in the current month.

6) The competition runs from the 1st of the month, until a date specified in the OP by the previous months winner. This should give sufficient time for the winner (or other person if necessary) to start the new thread.

If you haven't already uploaded a photo, a good tip might be to upload to one of your log entries (it can just be 'post a note'). Then, display the photo and copy the URL to provide a link to the post. If it's not actually relevant to the cache you've used, delete the note and the photo - the URL will still work. On this forum, add a reply and click the small green tree icon above the text box and paste in your URL.

We're not requiring photos to be of any particular theme this month, just great pictures from your caching adventures. Happy caching!

MrsB organised an event down in Penzance while we were down there for a long weekend (this weekend in fact!). Walking to it along Penzance Promenade I noticed the large moon rising over St Michael's Mount and when I walked out along the harbour front to get a better view I found a large flock of turnstones on mooring ropes!

Chris (MrB)

686741bf-5b62-4ee3-af5e-852e224b96d1.jpg

e6575d50-047a-46ce-ab80-dd2f82bcee09.jpg

I'm stuck :huh: how do I add a photo here please?

many thanks

Ask Mrs B , she knows, you know!

Th photograph has to have a URL. One of the easiest ways to give it a URL is to first add it to one of your cache logs, as you have with the photo you link to above.

To put that photo into a forum post:

Copy the URL link for the photo, then

Click the + AddReply box to make a post

Click on the little tree icon above the reply box

This will open a separate little box - Paste the URL of your photo into that box

Click OK

That puts the link to your photograph into the forum reply box. Then add any title or comments as required. To see whether it's worked properly click "Preview Post" before you click the "Add Reply" to submit your post.

MrsB

Edited by Bear and Ragged

I'm stuck :huh: how do I add a photo here please?

many thanks

Ask Mrs B , she knows, you know!

Th photograph has to have a URL. One of the easiest ways to give it a URL is to first add it to one of your cache logs, as you have with the photo you link to above.

To put that photo into a forum post:

Copy the URL link for the photo, then

Click the + AddReply box to make a post

Click on the little tree icon above the reply box

This will open a separate little box - Paste the URL of your photo into that box

Click OK

That puts the link to your photograph into the forum reply box. Then add any title or comments as required. To see whether it's worked properly click "Preview Post" before you click the "Add Reply" to submit your post.

MrsB

Many thanks Mrs B I will give it a go B)

Thank you everyone for your entries. We've really enjoyed watching them come in over the month.

I did plan on going through and commenting on each one, but I've been working nonstop the last few days and need my bed.... Apologies.

In third place, Keehotee with the Wilton windmill.

In second place, Mr B of the Blorenges with the Turnstones on the mooring ropes.

And in first place.........It's Dizzy Pair, with scratchy bottom! A most apt photograph for the cache.

Thanks for letting us judge this competition. It's been fun!