WAP version of Geocaching.com

Bzzliteyr

What do people think of trying to convince Groundspeak to create a WAP version of the geocaching pages? Those are pages for web-enabled phones..

I think it would be cool to visit a page on your phone if you were having problems and needed a hint, or to check and see if any caches are in the area you are visiting when you have no "hard" internet access.

Just thought it would be a good idea, please input..

Bzz

quote:
Originally posted by Brangwyn, Holly and Cindy:

What do people think of trying to convince Groundspeak to create a WAP version of the geocaching pages?

The idea is good. The current implementation isn't so helpful, though. POint your fone at wap.geocaching.com and you'll understand...

http://www.geocaching.com/wap

I believe that might be the URL I should be using, I haven't hit it on my phone yet, but with WinWAP I can get Canada caches, although no specifics can be added eg: by province, login/logoff.. and appearently on Newfoundland caches are present!!

I hope Groundspeak can implement these changes as I can see this being a very valuable tool and I would fork over the money for a premium membership if this was part of it..

Bzz