2010 NZ Recreational GPS Society coins available

GSVNoFixedAbode

Please refer to the local NZ geocoin forumfor full information.

We now have available and ready for delivery the NZ Recreational GPS Society geocoins for 2010.

Please note: available for members only for the first 2 weeks (but you're welcome to join! :) )

At least $5 from every coin sale will go to the Canterbury Earthquake charity fund

There are 2 coin themes available, both available in the regular Copper colour, and a Limited Edition Silver colour.

The first has been struck in memory of the Pike River coalmine disaster on the West Coast late last year.

PikeFront.jpg

PikeBack.jpg

PikeSilverFront.jpg

PikeSilverBack.jpg

The other was struck to remember the 4th of September Magnitude 7.1 Earthquake in Canterbury. Given the tragedy of the past week, this coin shows the Christchurch Cathedral as it was and as it will be once more.

CantyFront.jpg

CantyBack.jpg

CantySilverFront.jpg

CantySilverBack.jpg

For those who do not know, The Pike River Mine Disaster (Nov 19th 2010) was a gas explosion in the Pike River [underground] Coal Mine on the West Coast of the South Island. 29 Workers were trapped approx 1.5km in to the mine, and could not be rescued due to the high risk of further explosions - which there were on Nov 24th, Nov 26th and Nov 28th.

The September 4th Canterbury Earthquake did not result in any deaths, unlike the Feb 22nd 2011 earthquake, but there was widespread damage across the Canterbury region.

edited to add links

Edited by keewee