River Cacher Memorial Coin

Toojin

Okay, production is starting.

Three versions, taking in account suggestions here and via e-mail

We thank you ALL for your feedback and interest thus far.

Version 1 - 75 coins - black nickel with imitation hard enamel

Version 2 - 75 coins - black nickel w/glitter & translucent water. On the front the only glitter is the sky. On the back the palm tree, fire, & big purple flower are all glitter.

Version 3 - 50 coins - gold - On the front the water is transparent. On the back the palm tree, words, & fire are transparent.

We can make more if we need to, but this is what we decided to start with.

552c1cf9-5ce7-4a76-9ba8-8c3a75a02afe.jpg

WOW, Lenny ~ they are AWESOME and you better believe Mike would approve I'm hoping we are allowed at leaast 1 of each !

Thanks, the group working on these is just an awesome batch of people.

I am very proud of this coin and how well people have worked together on this.

I doubt there will be limits.

But here's a question.... how much do you folks think we should sell this for?

You forum folks have been so great about feedback so far...

One of each BN version for me.

My opinion charge $10 to $12 for the coin, depending on cost. I know the icon was free.

You are totally correct, Groundspeak donated the icon. YAY Groundspeak!!

And LoriDarlin donated the coin art.

And an anonymous person donated so that we can give five coins to each of Mike's girls. Cool eh?

Every cent over cost is going to Mike's family. We went directly with a mint to keep prices down.

The coins will be sold at a well known site when they are ready. But I am still keeping a list so that I make sure that everyone who has expressed interested will be notified when and where they will go on sale.

We have decided on $12 per coin when the time comes.

You folks are all wonderful. Thank you so very much for your input !!

Like I said before, 2 full sets, please. One for TTUMS, and one for me.

Gotcha!

Here is my list so far of people that have expressed interest in this thread or via e-mail.

And so far, the interest expressed is less than the number we are minting (200). It is getting close, but we will remint if needed.

anne.and.eli

AtlantaGal

avroair

Azure Sky

Bo.T.L.

Borek

burgessfour

Cache_Kitty

CCWashburn

CyberChemist

Delinum

Dorsetgal & GeoDog

DresselDragons

drneal

Droo

dufzor

Edsfind

eseurat

fairyhoney

gardengorilla

grodan & fiabus

Guns & Cockpits

hollora

Jackalgirl

JackHoe

JoenSue

JohnMac56

keewee

kini_ont

LadyBee4T

Laval K-9

LionsLair

lorca.nl

luckycharmer

Maine Family

millieballon

MustangJoni

NepoKama

Nikon-ing

opalsns

Phish_bonz

pingos

plumbrokeacres

Quailman2

RedShoesGirl

redwingrr

rickctroup13

scificollector

Shadow's Friend

shop99er & TTUMS

Sivota

Suzyfishn

sweetlife

Team kizb

TeamEccs21

The Fossillady

The Klever Boys

the4dirtydogs

ThePetersTrio

Tonyalynnm

Ufgatorgirl

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

yanagi

Zelanzy

Edited by Toojin
Not sure how many I said before and rather than go through the thread I'll say that I'm interested in one of each. Great tribute! I'm glad that you are going with some glitter

Thank you! You were right when you said that Mike liked glitter!

And you said "a couple" before, so thanks for adding this note, I updated my spreadsheet.

Hi folks -

We are hoping that the coins will ship to the U.S. this week. And then of course they have to be inspected and all that sort of fun stuff..

Just a "things are still moving" progress report.

And get this!! The tracking numbers that we purchased from Groundspeak could have had the PC prefix because we didn't pay for a special prefix, but they used RC which was River Cacher's prefix. Cool eh??

Hi folks -

We are hoping that the coins will ship to the U.S. this week. And then of course they have to be inspected and all that sort of fun stuff..

Just a "things are still moving" progress report.

And get this!! The tracking numbers that we purchased from Groundspeak could have had the PC prefix because we didn't pay for a special prefix, but they used RC which was River Cacher's prefix. Cool eh??

WOO HOO ~ AWESOME to the MAX ! ! !

That's awesome!! Way to go Groundspeak!

that is cool indeed, but it would have been even cooler if Groundspeak had donated the tracking numbers so there was higher profit.

edited because i still can't type.

Edited by RedShoesGirl

I'd also like a set. :)

And donating the tracking numbers would have been a LOT of money on their part. I think what they did was a very sweet gesture.

not to be contentious, but for 200 coins at $1.50 per coin/tracking code, i think that is about $300, yes? that would have been $300 more for the family. no concrete goods passing hands, just numbers. gestures are fine, but they don't help with the bills of a member who gave a LOT to the community and to Groundspeak.

or perhaps my math is off.

Edited by RedShoesGirl

I'd also like a set. :)

And donating the tracking numbers would have been a LOT of money on their part. I think what they did was a very sweet gesture.

not to be contentious, but for 200 coins at $1.50 per coin/tracking code, i think that is about $300, yes? that would have been $300 more for the family. no concrete goods passing hands, just numbers. gestures are fine, but they don't help with the bills of a member who gave a LOT to the community and to Groundspeak.

or perhaps my math is off.

I'm sorry, but I think it is bad form when someone does a nice thing, to demand something more.

Thank you GS for what you have done.

I'm sorry, but I think it is bad form when someone does a nice thing, to demand something more.

Thank you GS for what you have done.

language is an important tool and i am certain i did not demand anything. just made an observation. please don't put words into my mouth.

and i am so excited to see translucents used!

Edited by RedShoesGirl