INTERNATIONAL...Kitchin Sink MINIMission

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

No box.. yet again.. I revise my earlier guess. I think i'll be box number 23 or 24. <_<

Well, at least your sloth delivered you a cool coin today though:)

Very True. She's going to get a shock one of these days though, i'm waiting for about 12 packages in total, and one of these days she's going to have to deliver them all. That'll give her something to complain about.

No box.. yet again.. I revise my earlier guess. I think i'll be box number 23 or 24. <_<

Well, at least your sloth delivered you a cool coin today though:)

Very True. She's going to get a shock one of these days though, i'm waiting for about 12 packages in total, and one of these days she's going to have to deliver them all. That'll give her something to complain about.

:laughing:

Remind her that it is those packages that pay her wages... in effect - you own her!

I want to be #2...WSR, do you have my box yet?

Didn't make it to the Post Office yesterday, but I got there today before they closed...

270490f2-2951-4fd8-8170-d35e2cc6d0aa.jpg

Third?

Third?

What is up with that?

Yes, I am a competitive person.....

At least I made third....

You can blame it on me...I just numbered the batch randomly. I have no idea what order they actually arrived in...I only know that 1 came on Saturday, and three came on Monday, so you can choose to beleive that yours was #2...and the referee just made a bad call.

I want to be #2...WSR, do you have my box yet?

Didn't make it to the Post Office yesterday, but I got there today before they closed...

270490f2-2951-4fd8-8170-d35e2cc6d0aa.jpg

Third?

Third?

What is up with that?

Yes, I am a competitive person.....

At least I made third....

You can blame it on me...I just numbered the batch randomly. I have no idea what order they actually arrived in...I only know that 1 came on Saturday, and three came on Monday, so you can choose to beleive that yours was #2...and the referee just made a bad call.

Now that sounds better...bad ref...naughty ref...

Shouldn"t that be BOXNUMBERSIX? <_<

You dare to offend the High and Mighty BOXNUMBERONE by suggesting that each and every subsequent lowly BOX should have an equally impressive title?? Hold your tongue...Only BOXNUMBERONE receives such a lofty moniker...all other BOXES are mere imposters and shall only be refered to by number or name.

Shouldn"t that be BOXNUMBERSIX? <_<

You dare to offend the High and Mighty BOXNUMBERONE by suggesting that each and every subsequent lowly BOX should have an equally impressive title?? Hold your tongue...Only BOXNUMBERONE receives such a lofty moniker...all other BOXES are mere imposters and shall only be refered to by number or name.

I am not worthy. I should have realized BOXNUMBERONE was the one and everything else is insignificant. Again I am not worthy.

LMAO... I've not even received the empty box yet... have several items put aside to go into it but I really must get it all ready to go so I can just turn it straight around when the box does arrive. :)

Ditto - I did say I was able to find a box similar size, but then I got the impression from WSR that he will send on anyway.

So waiting and collecting wee silly items....

actually most of it will be themed Kiwi style.....just hope it does not randomly get selected and sent back to Keewee! That would be a laugh!

Ooh..Kiwi stuff...maybe I'll select my BOXES to keep before I draw the assignments!! Bwahaha...If you need, you can send it ahaed, but there is still a BOX on the way to you.

Home from my end of summer caching trip (Friday to Sunday, the weekend when daylight savings time ends....) to find a box all flatten out in the mail.

Pondering ceases.... now if only I could find a miniature kitchen sink to fit that box!

LMAO... I've not even received the empty box yet... have several items put aside to go into it but I really must get it all ready to go so I can just turn it straight around when the box does arrive. :)

Ditto - I did say I was able to find a box similar size, but then I got the impression from WSR that he will send on anyway.

So waiting and collecting wee silly items....

actually most of it will be themed Kiwi style.....just hope it does not randomly get selected and sent back to Keewee! That would be a laugh!

Ooh..Kiwi stuff...maybe I'll select my BOXES to keep before I draw the assignments!! Bwahaha...If you need, you can send it ahaed, but there is still a BOX on the way to you.

Haha, check the craft store...where they sell the stuff for dollhouses!!

Home from my end of summer caching trip (Friday to Sunday, the weekend when daylight savings time ends....) to find a box all flatten out in the mail.

Pondering ceases.... now if only I could find a miniature kitchen sink to fit that box!

Email sent- 3-1-11

empty box received: 3-25-11

full box sent: 4-4-11

full box received: ?

Finally got my little box out! Was puzzled at first with what to pack it with.... Then realized that I should just send some of my favorite types of things. I only sent One strange item this time. Hope my little Bo goes to a good home :)

All fantastic guesses!

-a cold- thank god no!

-a sloth hunting permit- it's still in the works.

-Reese PB cups- not yet, the last ones I bought for this mission magically disappeared...

No someone actually had the nerve to send me an empty cardboard box!! :D:P

Hey WOW - ME TOO! Wow - how bizarre it that! Mine ain't so empty anymore and is now on it's way to WSR... wonder what number I'll be?

Oh... here's a question Robert. For our own personal coin that we sent out to be put into a cache... are you going to record the trackables and dip them into a nearby cache? Then send them out in the boxes. I think that would be really cool... I mean if you end up having time. It would give the coins a truer account as where they've been.... plus I know mine will only last like a month before it get's stolen anyway. Just wonderin'. :D

oh... plus it would probably give you a bunch of icons that you don't already have.

Edited by goosefraba1

Oh... here's a question Robert. For our own personal coin that we sent out to be put into a cache... are you going to record the trackables and dip them into a nearby cache? Then send them out in the boxes. I think that would be really cool... I mean if you end up having time. It would give the coins a truer account as where they've been.... plus I know mine will only last like a month before it get's stolen anyway. Just wonderin'. :D

oh... plus it would probably give you a bunch of icons that you don't already have.

I had thought of this but wasn't sure how it'd be done as he's not seeing the trackables. If the boxes aren't being opened then he won't get the numbers unless we all send them to him

Well... mine is already sent. Robert mentioned something about having to open the outgoing international boxes for customs notification. I have no problem with all of the boxes being opened... if that is something he is into. How many US participants were there anyway? Couldn't be more than 5 I don't think.

Well... mine is already sent. Robert mentioned something about having to open the outgoing international boxes for customs notification. I have no problem with all of the boxes being opened... if that is something he is into. How many US participants were there anyway? Couldn't be more than 5 I don't think.

US cacher here...

Gotta be more than 5 I would think. I'm in the US.

Opening each box to get a tracking number is a lot for 25 boxes. i know most, like mine, the coins are buried in the middle of the box. So, WSR would have to dig through the box, probasbly half unpack it, find the correct coin, write down the tracking number and then attempt to repack it...

The only way something like this is fesable is to email the tracking numbers, which would be considered to some as virtual logging because he actually didn't see the coins.

Opening each box to get a tracking number is a lot for 25 boxes. i know most, like mine, the coins are buried in the middle of the box. So, WSR would have to dig through the box, probasbly half unpack it, find the correct coin, write down the tracking number and then attempt to repack it...

The only way something like this is fesable is to email the tracking numbers, which would be considered to some as virtual logging because he actually didn't see the coins.

Well.... technically to ship the boxes back out for customs, he has to do a check of what is actually in the box anyway... and since most of the people in this mission are outside of the US, the boxes will be opened anyway... I do like the emailing the tracking code idea. I mean the coins will actually be there, and he will actually see them. That could just help him narrow down which coin is which.

Well.... technically to ship the boxes back out for customs, he has to do a check of what is actually in the box anyway... and since most of the people in this mission are outside of the US, the boxes will be opened anyway... I do like the emailing the tracking code idea. I mean the coins will actually be there, and he will actually see them. That could just help him narrow down which coin is which.

I guess the best thing to do with this is let WSR decide, he's the one that would have to do the work :) It would be nice to see the actual mileage of the coin, but I don't want to crate extra work :unsure:

I guess the best thing to do with this is let WSR decide, he's the one that would have to do the work :) It would be nice to see the actual mileage of the coin, but I don't want to crate extra work :unsure:

Very true! :D

I must have missed something. We were to activate one of the coins we sent. If I have activated a coin it automatically is tracked. Or are we talking about all 25 coins? :o

I must have missed something. We were to activate one of the coins we sent. If I have activated a coin it automatically is tracked. Or are we talking about all 25 coins? :o

Yes, we are chatting about the fact of logging it in a cache nearby to WSR. That way it is tracked from you, to WSR, to its final destination, rather than just from you to the final destination.

For example, it would be nice to see my coin go from canada, then to WSR in the USA, and then to say New Zealand. It tells the whole story.

Or WSR could post the GC# for a local(to him) cache, and those who want to drop it near him could do that themselves. No extra work required on his end.

I like the idea of dipping the activated coin in a cache near home before shipping, then dipping in CA, and again when it arrives to its final location before being released. Sounds like it would add to to the fun of the mission to be able to watch the coins travel.

Time to start a list!

1) Team kizb Geocoin #4 TB42DYY

Edited by Team kizb

Or WSR could post the GC# for a local(to him) cache, and those who want to drop it near him could do that themselves. No extra work required on his end.

The problem with that, is there would then be someone's local cache that would end up with 25 notes on it of people dipping a bug. Talk about clutting a cache page.