DROID VERIZON

Mr. & Mrs. Magic

i get into gc.com.. but not into the oficial android app which has no name...

you know, it's funny.. we can't discuss the app that has a name, but we can't name the app we can discuss..

say that 10 times real fast.. took me longer to type it..

I was having that problem all day and I couldn't figure out what was going on. I am not sure if it is some sort of glitch or what the story is, but I was getting error message when trying to sign in.

IT seems like the only fix is to Uninstall the app and then reinstall it again from the My Apps section of the Market page. That is where it will go when you uninstall it. There will also be a little icon saying you have it "purchased" so you don't have to buy it again.

However the downside to that is that it will delete, all your information, including favorites and stuff of that sort. So that may be something to condsider. You may also want to wait it out so you don't lose all that information but who knows how long til it would work. It's the only way I know is the uninstall and reinstall option.

Luckily you can still use all the features and it doesn't disable hints, desprtion, photos, or cords when you are logged out, like some of the other apps.

i get into gc.com.. but not into the oficial android app which has no name...

you know, it's funny.. we can't discuss the app that has a name, but we can't name the app we can discuss..

say that 10 times real fast.. took me longer to type it..

I was having that problem all day and I couldn't figure out what was going on. I am not sure if it is some sort of glitch or what the story is, but I was getting error message when trying to sign in.

IT seems like the only fix is to Uninstall the app and then reinstall it again from the My Apps section of the Market page. That is where it will go when you uninstall it. There will also be a little icon saying you have it "purchased" so you don't have to buy it again.

However the downside to that is that it will delete, all your information, including favorites and stuff of that sort. So that may be something to condsider. You may also want to wait it out so you don't lose all that information but who knows how long til it would work. It's the only way I know is the uninstall and reinstall option.

Luckily you can still use all the features and it doesn't disable hints, desprtion, photos, or cords when you are logged out, like some of the other apps.

Sorry about this. I'm only trying to be helpful but get the impression from this that I'm not allowed to say what I'm about to say? Hey-hum, my first post can always be deleted if need be...

I use "c:geo". It's significantly easier to use than the "official" app, battery lasts three times as long and is just all round better. By a mile.

Sorry if I wasn't allowed to post this. Only been doing the GC thing for a couple of months and still new to it all.

Slightly on topic...worth getting handheld GPS if you have this app?
A modern handheld device will have better battery life than a phone. It will also be more robust, and will have better satellite reception in adverse situations (e.g., heavy tree cover or steep canyons). For some, this is worth it. For others, it isn't.