Wherigo Creative Group

kvhollis

Is this just for you "boffins" that do hand coding or is there a place for the "code challenged" like myself? I use a builder and if I cannot do something from the builder I don't bother.:rolleyes:

Master Mariner - you can count me in that group of "code challenged".... if it isn't in the builder I am pretty much stuck without the help of the Wherigo forums. We certainly have some very talented people here for sure and my hat is off to every one of them.

You or anyone for that matter are welcome to join.

Anyone with ideas is welcome to join.

It's called "cooperation": those with ideas pitch the idea to the group and write up what's supposed to happen (text, steps, coordinates, etc.), the code-challenged ones can create the objects and logic from a Builder application, the "boffins" add what can't be done in the Builder (having everything set up except for the custom code is a big help), and those who are art-inclined can decorate the cartridge (this is just as important as the others' tasks).

This idea of a cooperative cartridge has been pitched before, but I've yet to see a group form. When a group does form, I'll lend as much help as I can.

FWIW, Earwigo allows you to make a cache "public" so that several people can work on it at once. One can design and upload media, a second can write Author Script functions, a third can design zones, etc. As long as you aren't both working on the same statements at once, you don't get in each other's hair.