No Pocket Queries for the last two days?

Moun10Bike

I usually get mine very early in the morning as well, but have not received them yet this morning. It is early in the day though, and is plenty of time for them still to come. Jeremy has pointed out befroe that after a busy weekend things tend to run a little slower on Monday. Hopefully they will be here later in the day.

My wife says put a coordinate on it and I'll find it.

quote:
Originally posted by Fattuhr:

It is early in the day though, and is plenty of time for them still to come.

Yes, there is still plenty of time for Jeremy to restart the queries manually. However, it is clear that the automatic query run has failed today, as it always launches at midnight, regardless of whether or not it was a busy weekend.

icon_geocachingwa.gif

It takes about 4 hours to generate them at the start of each day. It apparently crashed so I am restarting it now. You should expect to get them by the end of the day.

They actually run continuously throughout the day, but do not start the daily ones until after midnight.

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

Our Pocket Queries have been intermittent lately and one, (the most important one in some ways) hasn't shown up for several days. We had one configured for locationless caches, and the query seemed to run fine until a week or so ago. Now it doesn't run at all. I've tried changing some of the parameters, but short of changing the whole nature of the query, it won't run. Of course it's hard to experiment too much since you can only run the query once a day. Any ideas (Jeremy?)?

I sent email to the Groundspeak guys this morning when mine didn't show up. (As I mentioned in a previous post, mine start arriving at about midnight, so if they aren't there by the time I wake up, there is usually something wrong.) They then restarted the queries, and as a result, they started coming through about 9-1/2 hours later than normal. You should eventually receive them.

Man, I can't believe how lost I am when they don't come through! [icon_smile.gif]

icon_geocachingwa.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Paul & Suzanne:

I've been getting mine reliably for some time, but suddenly they stopped. Bad timing since I'm taking a trip in a couple of days!

From my experiece...they don't get sent when you're about to take a trip and really need them! They do get sent at all other times, though. icon_razz.gif

Still slow.icon_confused.gif

Query 0175 sent 11/26/2002 12:35:12 PM Eastern Standard Time (that's 9:35 am on the west coast)

Query 2254 sent 11/26/2002 4:01:51 PM Eastern Standard Time

Query 2783 sent 11/26/2002 4:39:55 PM Eastern Standard Time

======================

Never got my highest numbered queries yesterday - only the low ones.

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching

[This message was edited by Markwell on November 26, 2002 at 01:48 PM.]