can i get new cache alerts to my mobile

picona

Can i get alerts to my mobile phone of new caches.We keep finding that when we are out caching that new caches are released in the area we are and we miss them. Also that our web mail is not giving us updates at same time as others ie email showed caches as being released at 7.03 am and when we sign logs they have been done at 6.30 am ? we do not have iphone

That still wont make any difference to how quickly notifications come through though...

The OP is asking about how to get these notifications to be sent to his phone - not about the time it happens or what time zone the clock says it is at the time!!!

To answer the question there is a way to do it via twitter I believe - someone more techie will no doubt be along to explain how. My solution was to buy an android phone and check my email instead :laughing:

My solution was to buy an android phone and check my email instead :laughing:

With always-on, "push" e-mail/Twitter/FB on an increasing number of phones, I think that text messages have a bleak future. I certainly hope so. :)

Only for those of you who can afford upwards of £200 a year for such a tarrif.

With always-on, "push" e-mail/Twitter/FB on an increasing number of phones, I think that text messages have a bleak future. I certainly hope so. :)

I know you're from Oop Norf, but surely £4 a week won't break the bank / dole.

You can pick up Android phones on a £10 a month contract - not expensive if you shop around for the good deals.

I've given myself lines;

I mustn't laugh at things curryKev says

I think that text messages have a bleak future. I certainly hope so. :)

I'm not sure I remember the last text message I got, other than from Tesco to say they were going to deliver my shopping.... :rolleyes:

Don't most people just email now that it's so accessible on iphone/android? :unsure:

I think that text messages have a bleak future. I certainly hope so. :)

I'm not sure I remember the last text message I got, other than from Tesco to say they were going to deliver my shopping.... :rolleyes:

Don't most people just email now that it's so accessible on iphone/android? :unsure:

No.... Whilst a lot of folks do have these new fangled tekkie phones, some of use still have older ones that don't even do emails, let alone face-twitter and the like. I only use mine to make phone calls and an occasional text message. E-mails wait until I'm at home on the PC and I don't "do" social networking at all..... I'm just an un-sociable ol' git :mad::lol:

No.... Whilst a lot of folks do have these new fangled tekkie phones, some of use still have older ones that don't even do emails, let alone face-twitter and the like. I only use mine to make phone calls and an occasional text message. E-mails wait until I'm at home on the PC and I don't "do" social networking at all..... I'm just an un-sociable ol' git :mad::lol:

Ditto what Pharisee said.