Trail caches

I like finding caches along a trail when the caches have some variety and have been placed by different people over time. I'm not keen on trails where each cache is identical.

Variety is important. If each cache is well planned and unique, trail caches are fun. Micros in trees every .1 mile are boring.

Depends on the trail. We have large bike trail thing in the area. I'm not too keen on the caches on it because big chunks of the trail aren't that scenic and I don't necessarily enjoy walking on a paved path all the time.

There's other ATV trails that I tend to avoid walking on as well. Around here some folks use those trials without looking at what is in front of them and at a high speed. Sometimes I'll play on those trails but not that often.

Nice little seclude trails that aren't heavily used I enjoy most. I enjoy the caches on those ones as well as long as they're not just another micro stuck there by someone on vacation or something.

I'll take whatever someone is willing to go through the effort and hide.

+1 for me. If it is a nice walk I'm happy, even if the hides are all similar. If the hides/containers are varied and unique that is a bonus.

Now if the caches are "bad" (not maintained, broken, wet, etc), I don't like that.

I've recently been searching for caches involving trail hikes in the Georgia area. There are several nice caching hikes on or near the Florida Trail but if anyone can suggest some in Georgia I would appreciate it. Friends and I are setting up a trail in SW Georgia with 8 caches on a 1.25 mile trail but those won't be available until May in conjunction with an event. I'd love to find some that others have hidden on a trail!

Janet