I AM SICK OF Groundspeak'S CENSORSHIP

jeepdelfuego

One of my threads was deleted today by BlueRajah because it mentioned a competing site. Come on! This is the United States not Libya.

I mentioned that a competing site is having a daily drawing for a certain GPS accessory, which communicates with a certain manufacturer's GPS units, if they hide an object and then list its location by its coordinates on their website.

I am soo upset that I am seriously thinking of dropping Geocaching as a hobby!

Edited by jeepdelfuego

One of my threads was deleted today by BlueRajah because it mentioned a competing site. Come on! This is the United States not Libya.

I mentioned that a competing site is having a daily drawing for a certain GPS accessory, which communicates with a certain manufacturer's GPS units, if they hide an object and then list its location by its coordinates on their website.

I am soo upset that I am seriously thinking of dropping Geocaching as a hobby!

This is the email that was sent:

Sent Today, 10:06 AM

Hi Jeepdelfuego

I have removed your <censored> thread, after receiving a complaint. It is a little to commercial and is advertising for the <censored> site. The purpose of the contest is to push for more people to visit their site which competes directly with Groundspeak.

Thank you

BlueRajah

Moderator Blue Rajah

-----

May the forks be with you.

----- (visit link)

My disclaimer:

I don't work or own stock in the GPS manufacturer which makes my touchscreen handheld GPS.

I guess if you were wanting TPTB to have a bit of heads up on what their competitor is up to, that wasn't a bad thing to do.

Now, I know a lot can be said about ostriches and keeping the head in the sand and not wanting to acknowledge competitors. Funny thing about the Free Market, trying to hide the fact that there are competitors has never been too successful. Look at GM and then look at Toyota. Look at Texas Instruments and then look at Del. :ph34r:

But seriously, I donna believe this is what is going on. Same Free Market forces punish businesses that make it a regular practice to let the consumer bring in outside source. Ever try to bring food into a movie theater? Heck, airlines won't let you bring your own bottle of whiskey, but have no problem charging big dollars for those tiny bottles they have. :blink:

No need to drop geocaching. Something like that reminds me of another country saying "dont throw the baby out with the bathwater". Wouldnt stop driving just because GM won't sell you any Toyota parts, would you? :rolleyes:

I guess if you were wanting TPTB to have a bit of heads up on what their competitor is up to, that wasn't a bad thing to do.

Now, I know a lot can be said about ostriches and keeping the head in the sand and not wanting to acknowledge competitors. Funny thing about the Free Market, trying to hide the fact that there are competitors has never been too successful. Look at GM and then look at Toyota. Look at Texas Instruments and then look at Del. :ph34r:

But seriously, I donna believe this is what is going on. Same Free Market forces punish businesses that make it a regular practice to let the consumer bring in outside source. Ever try to bring food into a movie theater? Heck, airlines won't let you bring your own bottle of whiskey, but have no problem charging big dollars for those tiny bottles they have. :blink:

No need to drop geocaching. Something like that reminds me of another country saying "dont throw the baby out with the bathwater". Wouldnt stop driving just because GM won't sell you any Toyota parts, would you? :rolleyes:

I guess I need to listen to more country music tonight.

Not a tech topic. Closing thread in this group. Please don't start another on this topic.

If you wish to debate whether a moderator's action on your forum action was incorrect, file an appeal with contact@Groundspeak.com. Pleaing your case to the masses won't help as the masses don't decide the details of how Groundspeak's resources are spent.