Good Weather at the Falls?

MoonCatKDT & Peanut

We are heading to Niagara Falls this Saturday to complete a Geocoin's goal. I was just wondering if there is anyone who lives in the area who could tell me how much snow you have there? We don't have a whole lot here, which really aids in geocaching. I want to create a trip but I just want to make sure I choose proper caches.

Also, there are A LOT of disabled caches in the falls! Wow! But i'm assuming most of that is the snow.

Not good as of this moring it is SNOWING now! :(

DD

We are heading to Niagara Falls this Saturday to complete a Geocoin's goal. I was just wondering if there is anyone who lives in the area who could tell me how much snow you have there? We don't have a whole lot here, which really aids in geocaching. I want to create a trip but I just want to make sure I choose proper caches.

Also, there are A LOT of disabled caches in the falls! Wow! But i'm assuming most of that is the snow.

Just about over. I'll say 6-8 inches. No way is it 10 inches. I will now convert this to Canadian: "I'll say 15.24 Cm. - 20.32 Cm. No way is it 25.40 CM."

Oh gosh, I haven't found a cache in the Niagara Falls, Ontario City limits in probably a year and a half. Maybe Diver Down or someone else can help with some winter accessable suggestions.

You gotta do the table rock earth cache and the niagara virtual. the TB hotel is probably winter friendly from what i remember. there is one close to it named something like COBRA monkey something? I reccommend it and it's definately winter friendly. When we were there last we tried to jump over the boarder to claim a few but didn't have the time :( next time!!

We travel to Niagara 2 or 3 times a year.

I have no update on how much snow is on the ground, however the TB Hotel you want to go for is should be doable in the winter.

Depending on your transportation method there are lots of good caches accessible along the river.

There are 3 earthcaches and 1 virtual also which are good and easily obtainable.

Tablerock

Whirlpool Gorge

St Davids Buried Gorge

Niagara falls Virtual

May I also suggest Foundations Ghost of Clifton as well as Ten Thousand Budha Temple of Peace ... These are winter accessible.

Have a good Niagara Adventure

Kenlaur