Event 29th July 2011

mollyjak

Anyone already in the Gower/Swansea area or travelling to Swansea for Mega Wales - you are invited to Mollyjak's Sand and Sarnies event. Two miles off the M4 and 2 miles to Porthcawl. The event is from 12noon to 6pm to allow for Friday travellers :P

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=ad7cd0b4-8caa-467f-8765-dc76aba56f59

This event is based in a pub which was originally the Old Town Hall and built over 500 years ago(and is apparently haunted according to the Landlord). Also very close to Kenfig Nature Reserve with a number of caches already there (and more planned ;) ) A pond dipping session 1.30pm - 2.30pm has been arranged with the Wardens but places need to be booked as numbers are limited.

This event is dog and child friendly.

We look forward to welcoming old and new friends to our beautiful area. :D

If we can help at all please contact us.

Lilian & Tony

I reckon I am probably being dense here, but what exactly is a pond dipping session? :blink:

Gather around pond, warden gives out nets and empty icecream containers (or similar), you start dipping to see what interesting creatures you can catch. That's how it generally works. :D

I don't think you get to eat your catch afterwards... :unsure:

MrsB

I reckon I am probably being dense here, but what exactly is a pond dipping session? :blink:

Gather around pond, warden gives out nets and empty icecream containers (or similar), you start dipping to see what interesting creatures you can catch. That's how it generally works. :D

MrsB

Thank you, I don't think I'll worry to much if I miss that :rolleyes: I do believe that myself and my cohorts which I shall be travelling with may try and attend the actual event.

MrsB

Thank you, I don't think I'll worry to much if I miss that :rolleyes: I do believe that myself and my cohorts which I shall be travelling with may try and attend the actual event.

Thank you Lucilla for your excellent explanation - something to keep children busy is the idea. If you look at our Creature Comfort series it shows the area and Kenfig Pool :P about 500 yds away from the pub!!!

Haggis Hunter - I really hope you can call in it would be great to see you again and your friends ;)

Event Update

As many of you are aware Dr Who is regularly filmed in the S Wales area. We have been reliably informed that he is also a geocacher as he has been seen on Kenfig Nature Reserve searching for our caches. He has told Mollyjak when we met him three weeks next Friday last week that he plans on attending our event as he likes Sand and Sarnies. His TARDIS and a full size Dalek will be parked on the car park of the pub during the day (unless he gets a call to go and save a world far away). You might not meet him as he planning on doing the 11 caches which were placed today by Mr MJ.

YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS

Geotees will be setting up a stall on the day for all geocachers to buy their caching goodies. If you require a specific caching item and are attending the event it may be an idea to contact him and put in an order [:)]

Finally the Prince of Wales recently had a regular Food Hygiene inspection and were awarded 5 stars – the best you can get.

Hope to see you there

Lilian & Tony

xxxx

Event Update

<snip>

YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Would have loved to attend this but will be on holiday over 200 miles away that day.

Am sure it will be a fantastic day for all. Hope you have splendid weather for it. :)

Is the good doctor likely to be staying on over the weekend/ longer, by any chance, or is there no indication?

I believe Dr Who has information that there is a series of 127 caches going live on the SUnday in Outer Mongolia so he is off to find them.

Anyone watch Torchwood last night and saw Rhossili Bay (on the Gower)with Worm's Head, and then Cardiff Bay :D ?????