Missing Thumbnails After Machine Upgrade

theboonieman

The Thumbnails and Small Display Pictures are missing on all the logs I entered today. I think it might have something to do with the upgrade. Note: The original submitted pictures still come up, if you click on the picture-not-found icons.

See log entry at http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=79952 for an example.

Should I repost these pictures or is this something that can be fixed by the admin?

The Boonie Man

I'm not sure waiting 24 or 48 hours is going to resolve this particular problem, unless images are still being transferred to the new system. I think the reason why the admin recommended that we be patient is because it takes time for a new IP address to propagate and update all the DNS caches out in the world.

Since I was able to see all my old pictures just fine using the new IP address, I suspected there was a different reason (non-DNS related) for why the newer pictures weren't working. That's why I posted my original message.

The Boonie Man

Right on the geocaching home page it says:

quote:
A new server was installed on July 18. Some images will be broken for the next 24+ hours while they copy over to the new image server. Thanks for your patience!

So as soon as they are all copied over, your problems should go away.

homer.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."