Suggested website feature: Select units of measure

FoxRacing

I am new to this stuff, but have noticed something that may be worth changing on the website...

When using the geocaching.com search facility, distances for searching and to caches are measured in miles, with km in brackets.

Coming from Australia, km are everything and I would happily do without the miles.

The option to allow each user to select their preffered units of measure in their profile would be great, with the web site then using these units to provide all distance measurements.

Would help me... icon_smile.gif

Cheers,

Justin

quote:
Originally posted by FoxRacing:

I am new to this stuff, but have noticed something that may be worth changing on the website...

When using the geocaching.com search facility, distances for searching and to caches are measured in miles, with km in brackets.

Coming from Australia, km are everything and I would happily do without the miles.

The option to allow each user to select their preffered units of measure in their profile would be great, with the web site then using these units to provide all distance measurements.

Would help me... icon_smile.gif

Cheers,

Justin

This may be one of those features that is covered under "membership has it's benifits" Paid members have an option to select either Miles or Kilometers in the Pocket Query Generator.

The Pocket Query Generator does alot of things that people seem to request to have changed.

I don't know if membership is an option for you, or whether it would be the correct answer.

There is nothing like a Packrat who is a geocacher.