drooping tb in my own cache

thethompsontribe

hi all, i recently placed a cache called jaws and have picked up a tb from another cache also named jaws, would i be able to drop this off in my own cache if i dont log as finding the cache as it's my own, but just log the dropping off of the tb?

There are more options for logging a visit to a cache than just the "found it" log type.

You can log the travel bug drop as "write a note" for dropping it into a cache you own:

http://www.geocaching.com/track/faq.aspx#owner

Edited by Pup Patrol

The only time I believe anyone would have a problem with dropping bugs in your own cache is if you made a long road trip specifically for the purpose of collecting bugs to stock your hide. This was done a time back in the Texas and Louisiana area, a cacher gathered a large number of bugs to stock a new hide placed back in a city park. Many bugs were lost when the poorly placed cache with a good number of the travelers was washed away.

what about personal bugs like the window decals and stickers that you put on your car, is there anything wrong with letting it "visit" your own cache or others that you have already found?

The hard part is is getting the traveler to visit the cache. Park the car in the lot, take a two mile hike and say it was there? No. Car tags are not Travel bugs.

Edited by BlueDeuce