this was strange

cachew nut

All us tech folks use weird names for our machines. Star trek characters, etc. Perhaps this is a particularly (insert adjective depending on opinion) email box, which is why the developers named it that. Or, each mail server has a name like hurricanes where each letter of the alphabet gets a world leader's name? I agree it is an odd choice though.

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

Someone I once worked with stated that one of the very few things an admin has control over is naming machines. While I can argue with that (we once named our cluster after knights of the round table, but the president said it had to go), I can agree to a certain point

I tend to go toward Tolkien and/or Anglo-Saxon (Old English). My SMS server is Hrothgar icon_smile.gif and my domain controller was called Iron Fist, and their partners were Zim and Dib. icon_smile.gif

----------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, lest you be also be like him.

Ok, I see this thread has gone medi-physical.... SO, can anyone here tell me where Zahrim came from? I have a very good idea, but that is what I gleaned from a web search. Can anyone provide some form of proof as to just where the name came from?

Zahrim....

"There's no need to be afraid of strange noises in the night.

Anything that intends you harm will stalk you silently."