I can't post pics on trackables.

Chi-Town Cacher

Well, I'm not a newby, but on the other hand I make no claims to being computer savvy. I used to be able to very easily upload pictures to a TB or geocoin, but for the last several days no matter how many times I try it keeps giving me a message saying there was an error and I need to return to their (gc.com's) home page. Of course I've gone back to the home page and started over and keep getting the same error message.

I've even tried it on both a Dell and a Gateway computer just in case gc.com didn't like Gateways for some reason which is my newest computer. Even with going back and trying a Dell computer I got exactly the same results. I'm guessing I'm missing something very simple or maybe in the last month they've changed the procedures for uploading pictures, but for the life of me all of a sudden I can't figure out how to upload photos which I'd been able to do easily as lately as mid January. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide me during this time of frustration.

I am moving this thread from the Geocaching Topics forum to the Travel Bug forum. The OP may also wish to check the Feedback site for similar bug reports.

Thanks for moving it. I should have known the correct category. I guess I had a brain fart. I'll also check out the Feedback site you mention. Happy caching!

Edited by Chi-Town Cacher

I had that problem a while ago with uploading any image. I think it was because the image size is too big.

If you have photoshop or some other image editing program try shrinking the image (I usually make mine around 650 pixels on longest side) and see if that works.

Thank you so much everybody for helping me. Now that I know how to work with this situation it's very easy now. I'm back up and running and I can upload more pics again for TB owners so they can see where their TBs and geocoins have been visiting. Again, thank you everybody and happy caching!!!! :)

If an admin wants to lock down this thread now that is fine by me. If not that's fine too.