2011 Pet Mission!

CCWelch

Calling all GeoPet owners!!!

This mission is for the Birds!!(and Dogs, Cats, Rabbits, Snakes, Hamsters, Turtles, etc)

Sign your Geopet up for this mission!

This will be a 2 unactivated regular size geocoins and pet treats/toys mission.

Please contact me via my profile (email only no PM's please)to sign up sending me your name & Geoname, your pet(s) name(s) and type(ie:cat,dog,bird,etc)and your snail mail address.

Sign in on the forum with:

Email sent: Date

Name received:date

Mission sent:date

Mission received:date

If you are NOT going to keep the postings current on the forum please do not sign up.

I will be doing 2 distributions of names. Anyone signed up on March 1st will be distributed March 2nd. Anyone signed up between March 1st and March 15th will be distributed March 16th.

Last day to sign up is March 15th, 2011

Please feel free to post your pet pictures with your sign in!! We love to see those GeoPets!!

Edited by CCWashburn

Email sent:2/21/2011

Name received:

Mission sent:

Mission received:

I am signing up my Geo Dog Serena! She likes shaped coins and coins with dogs on them! She is a small dog and does not play with hard toys or bones and is afraid of squeaky toys. Her favorite treats are crunchy rawhide chew sticks and snausages.

12032010115-1.jpg

Edited by CCWashburn

Heineken (myheine)

Email sent: 2-21-11

Maxx (2themaxx)

Maxx and Heine are not overly worried about getting coins they already have..they just like getting surprises in the mail

Is it possible to split the missions so one furkid has one of the early missions, and the other gets a late mission (the march 1 to 15 group?)

ILYK

PET #1---Cali (cat)

Name received:

Mission sent:

Mission received:

PET #2---Dixie (dog)

Name received:

Mission sent:

Mission received:

PET #3---Angel (cat)

Name received:

Mission sent:

Mission received:

PET #4---Mowgli (dog)

Name received:

Mission sent:

Mission received:

Ooh, Ooh...Maybe someone can send me a pet?? Haha, Let me think this one over, I might sign up my Brother's Rabbits.

I will make exceptions you may sign up a relative's pet as long as you share and the pet gets the treats/toys. Would you like a rabbit? I have 3 does due to kindle around March 12th.

Edited by CCWashburn

Raja the Wonder Dog would love to be a part of the pet mission!! Raja is a large "Border Collie/German Shepard" mix...she goes on ALL cache excursions...has had her share of cactus needles in her paws, wears her own backpack with her water bottle and water bowl in it, and loves to be out traveling with us. Raja rocks and loves GeoCaching!

Email Sent - 2/22/11

Name Received -

Mission Sent -

Mission Received -

Hmm, how an I add to my already crowded schedule? A MISSION!! Yes, I can do that, besides, it's for the pets. Yeah, ok that's my excuse.

Cheddar (male cat)

Email Sent - 2/22/11

Name Received -

Mission Sent -

Mission Received -

Nutmeg (female cat)

Email Sent - 2/22/11

Name Received -

Mission Sent -

Mission Received -

Today is the last day to sign up for the March 1st name distribution, if anyone else wants in on this round please sign up now!

I currently have for March 1st Distribution:

drneal-1 dog

southern_angel-1 dog

southern_angel-1 cat

Shadow's Friend-1 Rabbit(Holland Lop)

Shadow's Friend-1 Severe Macaw

CCWashburn-1 dog

Laval K-9-1 dog

KBfamily-1 dog

Firefly03-1 cat

Today is the last day to sign up for the March 1st name distribution, if anyone else wants in on this round please sign up now!

I currently have for March 1st Distribution:

drneal-1 dog

southern_angel-1 dog

southern_angel-1 cat

Shadow's Friend-1 Rabbit(Holland Lop)

Shadow's Friend-1 Severe Macaw

CCWashburn-1 dog

Laval K-9-1 dog

KBfamily-1 dog

Firefly03-1 cat

I'm new to missions and although I have seached 'missions' in the forums, I am still not sure how this works. Can you say more?

I'm new to missions and although I have seached 'missions' in the forums, I am still not sure how this works. Can you say more?

1) You sign up with the required information (see post # 1) and follow the directions in post #1

2) You will be given the name and address of another person who signed up and you send them the minimum of the required items for the mission. In this mission it is 2 unactivated full size geocoins and a pet treat or toy specific to the type of pet who's name you received. You may add more toys or treats, sig items or even coins if you would like but all coins must be unactivated.

3) Someone else will receive yours and your pets name and type and will do the same for you. You just make sure that you post in the forum the date you sent your package off and when you received your package as soon as possible after both.

Riley loves missions that include treats and toys for him, so he's been hounding me to sign him up for his first official pet mission. Riley is really easy on toys, so anything would be fine. Also, Riley seems to enjoy almost any treat and he loves rawhides.

Riley-Finn (Dog)

Email Sent: 2/28/11

Name Received:

Mission Sent:

Mission Received:

Riley on his way to do a local pet cache.

7fa5b9c2-36dd-46b4-84fd-35db9356a101.jpg

1) You sign up with the required information (see post # 1) and follow the directions in post #1

2) You will be given the name and address of another person who signed up and you send them the minimum of the required items for the mission. In this mission it is 2 unactivated full size geocoins and a pet treat or toy specific to the type of pet who's name you received. You may add more toys or treats, sig items or even coins if you would like but all coins must be unactivated.

3) Someone else will receive yours and your pets name and type and will do the same for you. You just make sure that you post in the forum the date you sent your package off and when you received your package as soon as possible after both.

So do the coins themselves have to be related to the pet, or just the treat? Sue

Heineken (myheine)

SANY0132-1-1.jpg

Name received: 3-1-11

Maxx (2themaxx)

SANY0208-1.jpg

ILYK
Edited by drneal

Oh no! I didn't get any names. Can you please resend them?

Thank you!

Resent to you about 5 minutes ago!!! Let me know if you don't receive them.

Got 'em!

Pet 1 - Shadow, Rabbit (Holland Lop)

Name received: 3-4-11

Mission sent:

Mission received:

Pet 2 - Maya, Bird (Severe Macaw)

Mission sent:

Mission received:

Thank you!

Southern angel, I have a cat named Cali also. Seems to be popular choice for a calico :rolleyes:

eseurat,love the picture of Riley (like the name also)! :)

Laval k-9, great pic of Wyatt Earp with his chin on the box, too sweet! (also a great name) ;)

Entering Cali (cat) for the second round. She is an inside-only cat and is 14 years old and still playful. She is extremely friendly (even with strangers) and lovable/cuddly. She likes catnip toys and lazer beam toys, not into balls.

tried to inset a picture but can't seem to do it right.

This is my first coin mission, so thanks for the added info.

email sent:will do that next, 3-5-11

name received:

mission sent:

mission received:

thanks!

Edited by GoodLife4ME

Southern angel, I have a cat named Cali also. Seems to be popular choice for a calico :rolleyes:

eseurat,love the picture of Riley (like the name also)! :)

Laval k-9, great pic of Wyatt Earp with his chin on the box, too sweet! (also a great name) ;)

Entering Cali (cat) for the second round. She is an inside-only cat and is 14 years old and still playful. She is extremely friendly (even with strangers) and lovable/cuddly. She likes catnip toys and lazer beam toys, not into balls.

tried to inset a picture but can't seem to do it right.

This is my first coin mission, so thanks for the added info.

email sent:will do that next, 3-5-11

name received:

mission sent:

mission received:

thanks!

Can't wait to see what your "cali" looks like. We got our Cali from the pound and they had named her "patches". We thought it didn't suit her so we named her Cali. It suits her perfectly lol. I'm gonna have to put pics of my animals up here soon. Maybe I will have time now to do it.

Here are pics of my pets for the first mission....

Cali, she will be 8 yrs old this Aug. She loves catnip, sleeping and eating lol.

Chelz001.jpg

Dixie (the one on the left) will be 7 yrs old this April. She loves any kind of dog treats.

DixieandMowgli.jpg

Might as well do my other 2 pets for the 2nd part of the mission....

Angel, is 3 yrs old. She loves catnip, fuzzy balls, Friskies Party Mix treats.

SpringThisNThat029.jpg

Mowgli, this guy will be 1 yr old in May and he's the hyper one. He loves any kind of toy and treats.

Chelz006-Copy.jpg

Edited by southern_angel

Jhosie dog Boxer (brindle)

Email sent: 3.7.11

Name received:?

Mission sent:?

Mission received:?

Hershey dog Choc. Lab

Shaylee dog Boxer (white)

IMG3754-1.jpg

Raja the Wonder Dog would love to be a part of the pet mission!! Raja is a large "Border Collie/German Shepard" mix...she goes on ALL cache excursions...has had her share of cactus needles in her paws, wears her own backpack with her water bottle and water bowl in it, and loves to be out traveling with us. Raja rocks and loves GeoCaching!

Email Sent - 2/22/11

Name Received - last week

Mission Sent - 3/7/11

Mission Received -

I thought I should post a quick update. Riley received his coins for his fellow pet friend on Friday, so we were going to go pick out the goodies on Saturday, but my boy had other plans. As you notice below he now wears his dog halo. He is friends with many kitties, and follows one around constantly (Pumpkin). Well, Saturday morning he was outside with my parents who were fixing the large shop door and he was playing with Pumpkin, when they heard him yipping and by the time they ran over to him he already got himself free. Apparently, Pumpkin, decided to go under my parked snowmobile and Riley wanted to follow and he got caught (freak accident, he should have never even be able to get his noggin in there, let alone his body-crazy dog). So, three inches of stitches later and a dog halo we didn't make it to store for the goodies. He has been in the house since Saturday and hating it, as you can tell from the photo, he looks longingly outside. He is now doing good and back to his old self, bouncing over snow mounds and playing with the kitties again and most importantly...no dog halo, he hated that thing. So, after all that, I now have time to pick the goodies out for Riley's friend tonight after work and hopefully send it off within the next few days. I don't remember seeing a deadline, but sorry in advance if I'm running behind on the mission, but I'm sure you guys will understand:)

7a1ab02f-b2c3-4f76-9a98-8945590fc399.jpg

Riley-Finn (Dog)

Email Sent: 2/28/11

Name Received: 2/28/11

Mission Sent: Hopefully in the next few days:)

Mission Received:

Shadow received an awesome mission! It came yesterday, but we didn't get a chance to open it until today. The bunny you sent is almost as cute as Shadow! The Timothy Hay is very very important in keeping a rabbit healthy. The banana treats are scrumptious! I like that fact that I can eat them too! But of course the best, are the awesome coins you sent!

Thank you very much CCWashburn!

Pet_Mission_1.jpg

Almost forgot to update my status.

Pet 1 - Shadow, Rabbit (Holland Lop)

Mission sent: 3-8-11

Mission received: 3-7-11

Pet 2 - Maya, Bird (Severe Macaw)

Mission sent: 3-8-11

Mission received:

Thanks again CCWashburn for organizing this mission!

FamilyCamp0817.jpg

Where was that picture taken? Seems like a very cool place to bring a dog. Were you also caching at the same time? Your cute dog seems to be enjoying the smelly breeze B)

Celebrating a milestone with this post, my 1000th :laughing::laughing::laughing:

This was taken at Warwick Conservation Area in West Lorne Ontario. This was taken this past summer while we were camping. We weren't caching yet, but there is one very close by, not on the beach, but way up that cliff at a watch tower. We will be getting that one for sure when we go back there this summer for Family Camp. Cache: GC3F8F

And yes she's a beautiful puppy. She's a 5 year old Siberian Husky who's the daintiest thing you'll ever meet. She loves to swim though! Her name is Koda

IMGP1056.jpg

PET #2---Dixie (dog)

Name received: 2-28-11

Mission sent:

Mission received: 3-09-11

Dixie received her mission today from Wyatt Earp!! The box it came in looked familiar and there's nothing wrong with recycling lol. I might do the same with some of my boxes. Dixie got a cute card from Wyatt with some stickers (loved the little paw print signature), she got a blanket (which she loves to lay on), some Beggin Strips and some dog biscuits (she loves them), she got a huge raw hide bone that she guards because Mowgli (out other dog) tries to get it lol and she got 3 toys. She also got 4 geocoins that her mama definitely loves especially the 2 personal coins. Dixie was a happy dog to get such lovely gifts from Mr. Handsome Wyatt. She says, "woof woof" thank you with lots of love and smooches. Thank you Laval K-9! We love everything!!

133.jpg

142.jpg

136.jpg

139.jpg

Edited by southern_angel