TB Race etiquette

guiderchachi

I have been at this a few years and it seems there is always something new to learn. I am going on a trip to Europe in April 2011 and China in August 2011. I always look around locally for TBs that have goals to go far away, retrieve them and take them with me.

In a TB hotel close to me are a couple of bugs in races. Can I take more than one with me and once in my possession have them visit whatever caches I do? Is it considered cheating if I take them to more than one? What if I don't find a cache big enough to drop them in over there, can I bring them home and drop them somewhere close by, after they have logged miles in a few caches? I know races are for logging as many miles as possible in a period of time. I would love to take them with me, but don't want to give an unfair advantage or cheat.

Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Guiderchachi

If both bugs are in the same race there is probably something in the rules about whether or not someone can carry more than one. If in doubt or don't feel like reading through the rules ask one of the owners. (Of course they may say that you can only move theirs ;) )

Most will set the rules about whether 'Dipping' is permitted or not. Most usually say that people can only move it to the next cache.

Edited by BlueDeuce

The answers to your questions depend on the individual TB Races - Groundspeak don't set the rules for such races - They're set up by the geocachers who initiate the race. Some races allow "dipping" or "visiting" of the TBs, others stipulate that the item must be placed into a cache by one cacher, then retrieved by a different cacher for the move to count.

To be sure you'll need to either visit the link to the Race Page (if there is one) or else email the TB owner and ask them.

MrsB :)