Different format request

Jennifer&Dean

I know I am probably the only one who wants this but is there anyway that the Pocket Query searches can be sent in an .txt or .rtf format? Currently I take the easyGPS .loc file, rename it into a .txt file, edit all the crap out, import it in to Excel and make a table. Then I can export it as a ArcView list and use it on a pre made map I have created. I am experimenting with using Skydivers "ranking" system in conjunction with this map so I can visualize which caches are worth the most points and so on. It is just something I am playing with and I would love to just get the caches in a .txt or .rtf format so I could import them in quickly.

Has anyone else asked for this type of thing before?

Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else. (JM Barrie)

I was bored so I threw together a gui frontend for gpsbabel. You can download it here:

GPSBabel GUI

Just select your input file, and select the type if needed (it can auto-detect some of them based on extension). Then do the same for your output file, and click Process. It then calls GPSBabel.exe and passes in the command line.

There isn't any feedback at this point, it just calls the exe.. check the output file and see if it gave what you wanted.

Let me know if you have any problems.

snazzsig.jpg

The latest version of the frontend can be downloaded here:

gpsbabel on sourceforge

The gpsbabelfront.exe should be saved into the same directory as gpsbabel.exe in order to function.

It looks like you have to add the .exe extension to the file under IE, so when it asks you if you want to open or save, select save, and then save it as gpsbabelfront.exe in your gpsbabel directory.