Help Guam earn a Souvenir

rhodesisland

Even if you don't live on Guam, you can still vote for a Geocaching Guam Souvenir for our island. If you have ever cached here, you know what a unique experience, Guam caching is. If you haven't let me tell you a little bit about it, we have over 600 caches within our 270 sq. mi., wonderful weather, sandy beaches, dense tropical jungles, and wondrous sunsets! All this plus a dedicated cadre of local cachers willing to act as caching-guides and drivers!

It only takes a second and we'd appreciate it if you clicked on "3"! We're ranked 62nd now and want to keep moving up! Thank you for your support! Click here to vote: http://feedback.geocaching.com/forums/80715-souvenirs/suggestions/1286357-guam?ref=title .

wut with begging for votes?

A small portion of the geocaching population goes to the forums.

An even SMALLER portion of forum goers go to the voting areas.

Very few ever get to there, so few people vote. Few even know about the issues or that they can vote for things.

A lot of people have learned about that page through these forums.

It's good that people learn that things they request can and do happen.

Well not really.

If people don't want to vote they don't have to. It's just letting people know about the issues.

If people knew about more issues they'd probably vote more.

There's a lot of worthy issues out there.

I know I'm not really interested in digging through all the issues to see what's out there myself.

I just sent out another 22 emails to cachers who've cached on Guam to stop by and vote! Hopefully we'll get a bunch more votes in a few days!! :D

If you know of any cachers who haven't voted--whether they'd cached on Guam or not--ask them to please vote!! Thanks!

Edited by rhodesisland

I don't get it, why can't there be individual souvinirs for every country/ state/ island, if there are even a few caches there & cachers there want to design it?

Groundspeak hasn't implemented a process for user contributed souvenir artwork. Now only would they need some sort of mechanism for allowing geocachers to upload artwork it would need a formal review process for quality control. Unfortunately, GS has put souvenir creation on the backburner for awhile (how long?) so it may be awhile before we see Guam or any other new souvenirs.

I don't get it, why can't there be individual souvinirs for every country/ state/ island, if there are even a few caches there & cachers there want to design it?

Groundspeak hasn't implemented a process for user contributed souvenir artwork. Now only would they need some sort of mechanism for allowing geocachers to upload artwork it would need a formal review process for quality control. Unfortunately, GS has put souvenir creation on the backburner for awhile (how long?) so it may be awhile before we see Guam or any other new souvenirs.

I was wondering about this. I mean I'm sure Guam is a lovely place and I'd like to visit someday, but I find it curious how there aren't any at all yet outside North America and Europe (or any south of the equator I think). Just goes to show how much the program actually matters IMO.