Easter Mission

Firefly03

I got my package today, but to be honest, I'm not sure who it's from! It doesn't have a geocaching handle anywhere on it. So... whoever it was, thank you very much! My wife has commandeered the candy, and I got two nice new geocoins! A Summer Solstice Event geocoin, and a Traditional Micro geocoin. Great coins! Thanks and Happy Easter!

Well, I haven't heard from the person I had for this Easter Mission, yet. I sent the package out on 13 April and I thought it would be there in plenty of time before Easter arrived, but alas, it doesn't appear so. To the person yet to receive the Easter Mission package I sent out-my apologies that you did not get it in time for Easter. :( :( :( I hope it arrives soon, but in the mean time-HAPPY EASTER!

Well, I haven't heard from the person I had for this Easter Mission, yet. I sent the package out on 13 April and I thought it would be there in plenty of time before Easter arrived, but alas, it doesn't appear so. To the person yet to receive the Easter Mission package I sent out-my apologies that you did not get it in time for Easter. :( :( :( I hope it arrives soon, but in the mean time-HAPPY EASTER!

If you sent it to America, we still have most of a full day before Easter. The mail does run today too. So maybe there is still time.

If you sent it to America, we still have most of a full day before Easter. The mail does run today too. So maybe there is still time.

Here it's Saturday so no mail, but technically easter isn't till tomorrow! I wish we had mail delivery on Saturdays!

Here it's Saturday so no mail, but technically easter isn't till tomorrow! I wish we had mail delivery on Saturdays!

Bummer. I love mail on Saturdays. Almost always get packages on Saturday. Not this week though...I don't think.

I guess if I didn't get mail on Saturdays, that might make Mondays better.

Sign-up: 2/22/2011

Name received: 3/20/2011

Package sent: 4/4/2011 *International!!

Package received: Yes!!!

Well, there is a nice box here today, I am excited. But I am going to wait until tomorrow morning to open it, because my mission partner has to wait to open his :) I'll report back in tomorrow!

MISSION #1

SOUTHERN_ANGEL

NAME RECEIVED: 3/21/11

PACKAGE SENT: 4/1/11

PACKAGE RECEIVED: Still not yet :( ....I hope the sender just dropped it off at the P.O. a little late. Late is always better than NEVER. Happy Easter to everyone! May you all have a good time (or did have a good time for those that already had Easter) with your family and for those who are Christians...remember the reason for the season. Happy Easter!!!

MISSION #2

SUPERFUN HUNTERS (17 YR OLD GIRL)

NAME RECEIVED: 3/20/11

PACKAGE RECEIVED: 4/20/11

MISSION #3

SUPERFUN HUNTERS (16 YR OLD BOY)

NAME RECEIVED: 3/20/11

PACKAGE RECEIVED: 4/9/11

Been very busy and not on the forums much, but since Easter is tomorrow I figured I'd better thank my sender before then! Big thanks to Chelsey of SuperfunHunters! Love the chocolates and the coin is beautiful. I havent seen it before and im still not sure what it is! Pictures soon... I promise!!

Chelsey says, You're welcome and she's glad you liked it. I hope this doesn't sound too bad but I can't remember the coin we sent you. I've bought several coins from different companies just for missions in the forums and probably don't know myself what it is :blink: ...Happy Easter!!

Just want to wish everyone a Happy Easter...and especially to MoonKat and KDT...I know we aren't supposed to say who has who's name but I want to apologize for your mission not getting to you by Easter...Its all ready to go but I am just waiting on the coins to arrive from the e-buying place. The moment they arrive the package will be shipped off. At least we are both in Canada so it shouldn't take long...besides after you have eaten all the treats that the Easter Bunny brings you, you should recieve my package and have a whole new batch of treats!!

...T.

Just want to wish everyone a Happy Easter...and especially to MoonKat and KDT...I know we aren't supposed to say who has who's name but I want to apologize for your mission not getting to you by Easter...Its all ready to go but I am just waiting on the coins to arrive from the e-buying place. The moment they arrive the package will be shipped off. At least we are both in Canada so it shouldn't take long...besides after you have eaten all the treats that the Easter Bunny brings you, you should recieve my package and have a whole new batch of treats!!

...T.

Thank you so much! I'm not in any rush, I haven't really been home in like a week because of work etc, so no worries there, hopefully it will come when i'm home and can enjoy it some other time than 5am on a tuesday morning :)

Have a happy easter everyone!

It's Easter Sunday here - HAPPY EASTER everyone!!!

We have no postal service over the long weekends.

For whom ever had rattusbaggus his package has arrived and I'll give it to him when we get home from church. :)

In New Zealand, this Christian holiday is observed from Good Friday to Easter Monday, making it a full 4 day weekend.

Added this year is that Easter Monday (that's today already here!) is also observed as ANZAC day - similar to the US May Memorial day.

Dawn services of remembrance - Returned servicemen are few now - but we remember that many deaths from a war that was not our own.

So here in NZ, Easter mail does not happen.

Easter services start often on Maundy Thursday with feet washing, Friday is undressing the church and remembrance of death, and Sunday full celebration of life!

It's Easter Sunday here - HAPPY EASTER everyone!!!

We have no postal service over the long weekends.

For whom ever had rattusbaggus his package has arrived and I'll give it to him when we get home from church. :)

In New Zealand, this Christian holiday is observed from Good Friday to Easter Monday, making it a full 4 day weekend.

Added this year is that Easter Monday (that's today already here!) is also observed as ANZAC day - similar to the US May Memorial day.

Dawn services of remembrance - Returned servicemen are few now - but we remember that many deaths from a war that was not our own.

So here in NZ, Easter mail does not happen.

Easter services start often on Maundy Thursday with feet washing, Friday is undressing the church and remembrance of death, and Sunday full celebration of life!

Just to clarify that ANZAC Day is always April 25th - it is just that this year it also falls on Easter Monday. :)

Unfortunately it is a little wet here today so less people than normal were at out Dawn Service, but still a good 250-300 people of all ages here in Ashburton.

A white rabbit hopped into my mail box this week - soft, white fluffy rabbit holding a soft fluffy yellow egg....

and delving deeper I found Easter goodies - sweets and bubble gum eggs.

Some funky wee swag, postcard and greeting card.

Oh, and geocoins - Todie's Wild Ride - a great memorial coin, a beautiful dark onyx butterfly coin, July 2010 club coin plus pathtag,

also the NGA (Nevada) pathtag.

Thanks UFgatorgirl for a neat mission box. That rabbit is great! Love it!

And to send such special coins, I'm overwhelmed.

Mission complete!

I am so glad it got there before Easter. I am happy you enjoyed it. It was lots of fun to put together.

Happy Easter!!! It is still Easter in my part of the US.

Signed up.....check

Name received....check

Mission sent....check

Mission received....check

I received a lovely gift from New Zealand. It is from KEEWEE. Thank you very much. It arrived earlier in the week. Since today is Easter I have not opened it yet.

I will post pictures in the next few days.

thank you for the mission.....I can't wait to try all of the chocolates.....

Edited by UFgatorgirl

I got my package today, but to be honest, I'm not sure who it's from! It doesn't have a geocaching handle anywhere on it. So... whoever it was, thank you very much! My wife has commandeered the candy, and I got two nice new geocoins! A Summer Solstice Event geocoin, and a Traditional Micro geocoin. Great coins! Thanks and Happy Easter!

That was me. Sorry about that.

That was me. Sorry about that.

No problem! Thanks again, I love the coins!

Well, I enjoyed my package and coin, and then I had to do a little sleuthing to figure out who it might be from. My guess -- ChrisEMT!! (Correct me if I am wrong :) )

So I opened my package on Easter day, it was full of candies, and geocaching goodies, and a cool EMT coin (that was one of the hints on who it was from).

Here is all the great stuff:

d6d8be03-4148-4783-8e9d-027976af4a49.jpg

Gotta love those peanut butter eggs, and peeps, and a white rabbit, and sweet creme eggs!

A film canister with a log, and inside of it was a black bison tube with a log! I guess I have to go hide some caches now!

And here is the coin:

5acf6e22-70c5-4e36-83c9-3c9e9f90af97.jpg

I had another picture too, but the site is being bad about getting it uploaded.

So Thanks for a great Easter mission, ChrisEMT!!

Edited by fuzziebear3

Well, I enjoyed my package and coin, and then I had to do a little sleuthing to figure out who it might be from. My guess -- ChrisEMT!! (Correct me if I am wrong :) )

So I opened my package on Easter day, it was full of candies, and geocaching goodies, and a cool EMT coin (that was one of the hints on who it was from).

Here is all the great stuff:

d6d8be03-4148-4783-8e9d-027976af4a49.jpg

Gotta love those peanut butter eggs, and peeps, and a white rabbit, and sweet creme eggs!

A film canister with a log, and inside of it was a black bison tube with a log! I guess I have to go hide some caches now!

And here is the coin:

5acf6e22-70c5-4e36-83c9-3c9e9f90af97.jpg

I had another picture too, but the site is being bad about getting it uploaded.

So Thanks for a great Easter mission, ChrisEMT!!

Your more than welcome. I am glad you liked it..... The EMS Geocoin has become my unofficial trademark for missions and sending out trackables with very specific missions....

A Kentucky Derby inspired Easter mission arrived today.

Thank you very much nelmel, I enjoyed opening the package and unwrapping the surprises very much :D

Eastermission-2.jpg

You are very welcome Sivota! Again, I apologize that it didnt get there in time for Easter. Glad to exchange gifts with you! Next time, instead of gummy bears, maybe I can get you to send me some Bratwurst! LOL!!!

Well the post office didn't get blown away last night. This is the second night in a row for severe weather for Arkansas- several deaths and many communities destroyed by tornadoes and straight line winds for us in the past week and more on the way during the night. :(

I did get by and get my mission and opened it while keeping a close eye on the news. I got lots of great goodies including some chocolate covered caramel cookies, chocolate dipped peeps(how sinful is that?!?), an assortment chocolate including Rolos ( how did you know I love caramel?), some disco egg ornaments, egg holders, a spring towel and of course a few coins, the Arctic Nomad coin and a FairyHoney pathtag. Thanks so much to FairyHoney!

I also got a very sweet Thank you card from Deagi. Thank you- it really brighten my day to know how much you liked my mission! I try very hard to put together something that I would like to get and have been lucky to receive the same.

edited to add- Indiana Anthony and I have completed our missions. Thanks so much Firefly03 for hosting this mission!

Edited by Tonyalynnm

Still no mission....

Is there anyone else out there that hasn't recieved their mission yet either?

Mine has yet to arrive... that's OK - I am stalking the postie...

Me too! Stalk stalk stalk :ph34r:

One arrived, one hasn't, but then one of my packages arrived to the recipient and the other hasn't.....

Still no mission....

Is there anyone else out there that hasn't recieved their mission yet either?

Mine has yet to arrive... that's OK - I am stalking the postie...

Stalking the mailman has become a regular habit for me, I keep the window open while i'm working so i can hear when the mailbox shuts, and through the day i'll keep checking thinking that i must have not heard it!

-no mission for me yet either (although i do know why, and its fine with me :) )

Sign-up: 3-8-11

Name received: 3-21-11

Package sent: 3-30-11

Package received: 4-23-11

Sorry for the late posting. I started back to school and haven't had time for much of anything else. Thank you Degai!! I finally opened my box and I LOVE all the princess and pink stuff that you found. It has been fun going through everything. I love all the coins that you sent and thank you for your Geo Jellies coin.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and is enjoying their box as much as I am enjoying mine.

Happy Easter to everyone. Ok, I know it's late. :P

Just trying to wrap up this mission. There are a few people who have not posted a received date yet. Some I know have been sent. Only 2 unaccounted for. Out of 52 packages, I'd say not bad for a first time.

Had a blast doing this.... will have to do another. (Next time better timed so as not to overlap finals. :ph34r: ) Loved all the posts!

Yay - my mission arrived yesterday. Many thanks to Guns & Cockpits for the awesome goodies - soooo many eggs and some great geocoins! :D :D :D Thanks heaps.

Will post a picture later.

Easter Mission #1 - COMPLETED

Sign-up: 21/02/11

Name received: 22/03/11

Package sent: 13/04/11

Package received: 29/04/11

rattusbaggus's Easter Mission - COMPLETED

Sign-up: 28/02/11

Package sent: 13/04/11

Package received: 15/04/11

And rattusbaggus has now opened his mission from fuzziebear3 - so many awesome sweets that we don't see here. And great geocoins too! Fantastic mission. Thank you very much, he is rapped with it! :D :D :D

Again, will post a picture later. :)

Edited by keewee

Photo's of out missions:

My mission from Guns & Cockpits

before I shelled the goodies:

7a0c409f-7f1b-4e1f-8689-7e2b0f751065.jpg

after I'd shelled the goodies: :D

d586c653-d098-4ddf-bc37-d54b82f75157.jpg

rattusbaggus's mission from fuzziebear3

c42482ff-91c4-4669-a986-a4207201e796.jpg

:D

Thanks again for the great missions guys, and to Firefly03 for organising and running the mission.

I looking to organise this years Halloween mission when the time comes, so keep an eye out for it... :D

Easter Mission #1 - COMPLETED

Package sent: 11/04/11

Package received: 28/04/11

Easter Mission #2

Package received: Nope - but the package I sent hasn't been logged as received either :(

Just trying to wrap up this mission. There are a few people who have not posted a received date yet. Some I know have been sent. Only 2 unaccounted for. Out of 52 packages, I'd say not bad for a first time.

Had a blast doing this.... will have to do another. (Next time better timed so as not to overlap finals. :ph34r: ) Loved all the posts!

No package yet...

Can you let me know if the person that had my name sent one and it's lost or if they never posted that they sent one.

If they never posted, can you let me know who it is and I can send them an inquiry?

No package yet...

Can you let me know if the person that had my name sent one and it's lost or if they never posted that they sent one.

If they never posted, can you let me know who it is and I can send them an inquiry?

Same here...no package for me either. I would also like to know if the person who had my name ever sent the package off.

I still have a few packages showing as mailed and not received. The two unaccounted for packages were never mailed. For those who have not received a package yet, keep checking. I have heard through the grapevine that the Easter Bunny is running a little slow this year.

Thanks to all who have participated!!!

Easter Mission #1 - COMPLETED!

Package received: 28/04/11

Easter Mission #2 - COMPLETED!

Package received: 03/05/11

The package I sent hasn't been logged as received either :(

YAY!! I got a HUGE box today :D Thank you to BlueEyed Aussie, from this blue eyed Aussie!!!! It was fabulous, and there was much fighting going on over chocolate before I had to break my husband and son apart, and dole it out evenly :rolleyes: Also got a marvellous space shuttle coin - i'd never seen one before (I must be slipping) :blink:

So...thank you so very much to Southern Angel and Blue Eyed Aussie who put so much thought and effort into their parcels (and Firefly03 for hosting the mission) :anicute:

231061_10150183842826801_643251800_6873722_5627096_n.jpg231061_10150183842831801_643251800_6873723_7285846_n.jpg

Edited by Greenish

I also got a very sweet Thank you card from Deagi. Thank you- it really brighten my day to know how much you liked my mission! I try very hard to put together something that I would like to get and have been lucky to receive the same.

Tonyalynnm-you are welcome. I know what you mean about trying very hard to put together something for your recipient that you would like to get-I do the same thing and I could tell you do, too. :)

Sign-up: 3-8-11

Name received: 3-21-11

Package sent: 3-30-11

Package received: 4-23-11

Sorry for the late posting. I started back to school and haven't had time for much of anything else. Thank you Degai!! I finally opened my box and I LOVE all the princess and pink stuff that you found. It has been fun going through everything. I love all the coins that you sent and thank you for your Geo Jellies coin.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and is enjoying their box as much as I am enjoying mine.

You are welcome Princess Trouble. I'm glad you finally got your box. I was worried that you had not received it, because I had not seen your post. I always take pictures of all the missions I send out, just in case it doesn't made it (I just know that one day, someone won't receive their mission and I don't want anyone to think I was a "deadbeat mission sender-outer" :))

I know how busy things can get around exam time! I hope all went well for you. ~Degai~

The Easter Bunny hopped by our house today! And he left a Mega package!

It was filled with lots of goodies - yummy candy, beautiful flower seeds that will be perfect for our garden, the cutest chick from the movie HOP, a crossword puzzle book, bath gels in the shape of Easter eggs, very cool, chalk in the shape of rabbits and eggs, rings that have bubbles, the kids will love these! the neatest mold for making flower suckers. Everything is just awesome. Yes, there were two of the greatest coins, a Butterfly Kisses and Cache Around the Clock geocoin

Thank you Easter Bunny!

EasterMission2011_001.JPG

EasterMission2011_002.JPG

EasterMission2011_003.JPG

EasterMission2011_004.jpg

Signed up. 2/21/11

Name received. 3/20/11

Package Sent. 3/29/11

Package Received 5/5/11

A very special Thank You to FireFly03 for hosting this mission.