Easter Mission

Firefly03

Got my name and had some research done and realize this will be so much fun!!!

I have already found a coin I just need to send and I will have to add some more too. The stuff will be a little worse but I will cointinue my research.

Thank you for hosting this firefly!

grodan Karin

edit to add the underline of my typo that actually was pretty fun :laughing: Seem the fingers type what is in my mind

Edited by grodan & fiabus

Sign-up: 2-20-11

Name received: 3-21-11

Package sent: 3-22-11

Package received:

It's a little harder to find goodies to fill up a box, when sending candy/food wont work...hope the box-o'-goodies is okay

ILYK

edited to add that I'm hard to find coins for, that I don't already have...not to worry..the surprise of seeing what's in the box is what matters !

Edited by drneal

What are your experiences sending candy from Europe to the USA?

I read something about a special registration form having to be submitted in advance, another site says that candy is fine, a third site says all dry food is fine as long as it is declared as gift and sent between private addresses, a fourth site mentioned how everything home made is fine...

Should I remove packing and wrap as if home made? Is completely dry stuff best? What about chocolate?

I guess I'm not revealing too much, saying that my recipient is in the USA and seems to enjoy candy. :)

I read something about a special registration form having to be submitted in advance, another site says that candy is fine, a third site says all dry food is fine as long as it is declared as gift and sent between private addresses, a fourth site mentioned how everything home made is fine...

Should I remove packing and wrap as if home made? Is completely dry stuff best? What about chocolate?

I guess I'm not revealing too much, saying that my recipient is in the USA and seems to enjoy candy. :)

I've never had any troubles sending candy, cookies or chocolate from the Netherlands.

I do believe over here it must be send in the original packing.

Someone told me just don't send Kinder chocolates, and mark it as a gift on the mail sheet.

I apologise to whom ever has me as my lists (like many others) were on geocoincollection.com, which has been unavailable for the last couple of months. :(

I've just put up 'My Geocoin Seeking List' on my All About Geocoins wordpress site. :):rolleyes:

After reading quite a bit about peoples lists etc i figured I'd try my hand at making one just in case it ever came up. link in signature :P To whoever has me it is there now.

Someone told me just don't send Kinder chocolates, and mark it as a gift on the mail sheet.

Kinder chocalates, just means chocolate for children.

There is a German brand of chocolate with this name.

It's usaly milk chocolate, with a layer of sweet cream inside in nice wraping.

We(usually) don't put strange stuff in Kinder chocolate ;), but it could be this cream that is not approved of.

Better not send these chocolates.

Just put 'chocolate' on the mail sheet. (You don't have to mention the brands or origens).

Kinder chocalates, just means chocolate for children.

There is a German brand of chocolate with this name.

It's usaly milk chocolate, with a layer of sweet cream inside in nice wraping.

We(usually) don't put strange stuff in Kinder chocolate ;), but it could be this cream that is not approved of.

Better not send these chocolates.

Just put 'chocolate' on the mail sheet. (You don't have to mention the brands or origens).

This is what I was talking about :P

kinderegg.jpg

Sign-up: 2-22-11

Name received: 3-20-11

Package sent: 3-24-11

Package received: 3-24-11

Only one trip to the post office to pick up the package which I could have received if I stayed home yesterday and to ship my mission to... :lostsignal:

Our package from MoonCat & KDT was full of all kind of stuffed animals, candies and chocolate. Even something for our geodog Wyatt :D The card is very cute and you found a beautiful coin we didn't have :o

I'll post a picture very soon. For the moment, I tried to put everything back in the box but I can't close it anymore :laughing: Thanks Alicia and Kyle!!!!!!

Sign-up: 2-22-11

Name received: 3-20-11

Package sent: 3-24-11

Package received: 3-24-11

Only one trip to the post office to pick up the package which I could have received if I stayed home yesterday and to ship my mission to... :lostsignal:

Our package from MoonCat & KDT was full of all kind of stuffed animals, candies and chocolate. Even something for our geodog Wyatt :D The card is very cute and you found a beautiful coin we didn't have :o

I'll post a picture very soon. For the moment, I tried to put everything back in the box but I can't close it anymore :laughing: Thanks Alicia and Kyle!!!!!!

I'm happy you like it, and yes, that box was stuffed. Not sure if you noticed but when the box was all packed up if you pressed on the middle of the box, it would squeak :lol: I thought that was hilarious!

Just a couple of things. Whoever has my name, I enjoy geometric, astronomical, compass coins a lot. I have a 3 year old girl, so if you do any candy, please make it so she can eat it...as she will attack that box when it shows up.

Also, I have a First name, but not the last name of my target. I'm not sure if they are on the geocoin address list, but I will check that shortly.

For those of you in this Easter mission, could you mention where your coin list is or what your preference is? (Thanks Ashallond for the idea)

I have a list a utag, but it isn't updated. What I like most are personal coins and anything designed by Chris Mackey. I have a lot of older coins, but not many newer coins, but I'm always happy with whatever anyone sends me.

grodan Karin

Sign-up: feb 22

Name received: march 21

Package sent: not yet, I have found almost all the stuff. Waiting for some more things and a coin.

Package received:march 28

I got a big box today. It was filled with lot of fun things for the kids to play with for easter. Thank you very much.

There were also some coins that I don´t have except for the non-trackable, that one I have but it is still a nice coin for easter.

Thank you very muhc again drneal!

grodan Karin

grodan Karin

Sign-up: feb 22

Name received: march 21

Package sent: not yet, I have found almost all the stuff. Waiting for some more things and a coin.

Package received:march 28

I got a big box today. It was filled with lot of fun things for the kids to play with for easter. Thank you very much.

There were also some coins that I don´t have except for the non-trackable, that one I have but it is still a nice coin for easter.

Thank you very muhc again drneal!

grodan Karin

What makes you think the toys are for the kids...we expect to see pictures of you in easter bunny ears and glasses!

ILYK

Mission 1:

Maine Family Joan

Sign-up: 2-21-2011

Name received: 3/21/11

Package sent: 3/28/11

Package received:

Mission 2:

Maine Family Ralph

Name received: 2/21/11

Package received:

Mission 3

Maine Guy

Name received: 3/21/11

Package received:

Sign-up: Feb 26th

Name received: March 21st

Package sent: Almost there... I have packed, weighed, unpacked and modified the parcel several times this evening. It is so hard to adhere to Norwegian post office size and weight restrictions! I am getting really good at modifying items' original wrapping, as I don't want to leave out anything. Hopefully it will weigh in correctly tomorrow.

Package received:

Sign-up: 2/21/2011

Name received:3/20/11

Package sent:

Package received:3/28/11

Thank you to the KBFamily for a wonderful box of treats...I suppose I should have mentioned I am diabetic so my fiance will enjoy most of the treats. The bunny is really cute and I really needed the log books and container!!! How did you know I like pink? The GeoGem is fabulous!

Take a look at all the neat stuff I received from MoonCat&KDT :D A lot of colorful treats, chocolate, cookies, a strawberry smoothie mix and some stuffed animals. The card is very cute and I am very happy with the Sextant geocoin, the stars even glow in the dark :o

easter1.jpg

Even Wyatt got a little something just for himself, a squeaky duck. He likes it very much ;)

easter2.jpg

Thanks Alicia & Kyle for the nice gifts !!!

Thanks to CCWashburn for hosting this mission !!!

Happy Easter to everyone !!!

I have to go now, I've got some candies to eat :anitongue:

Take a look at all the neat stuff I received from MoonCat&KDT :D A lot of colorful treats, chocolate, cookies, a strawberry smoothie mix and some stuffed animals. The card is very cute and I am very happy with the Sextant geocoin, the stars even glow in the dark :o

easter1.jpg

Even Wyatt got a little something just for himself, a squeaky duck. He likes it very much ;)

easter2.jpg

Thanks Alicia & Kyle for the nice gifts !!!

Thanks to CCWashburn for hosting this mission !!!

Happy Easter to everyone !!!

I have to go now, I've got some candies to eat :anitongue:

We are happy you like all of it! I got the monkey with the bunny ears soley because it reminded me a picture of Wyatt from the pets mission with him wearing the bunny ears! Enjoy everything, especially the candy coated sunflower seeds, they are my favorite!

P.S. I had no idea the coin glows in the dark! I have the same one and never noticed it! That's so cool!!!

Edited by MoonCat & KDT

Sign-up: 3-16-11

Package sent: 3-28-11

Package received: 3-28-11

Package sent and ...

Package received: Chocolate Easter bunny (with ears still intact - last time I looked), fanciest lolipops I've ever seen (frog looks like :grin: ), little Jaguars football helmet, Decon container (for our next cache), Geocaching the Top 40 and a GeoJellies 4 (looks good enough to eat).

Sign-up: 3-16-11

Package sent: 3-28-11

Package received: 3-28-11

Package sent and ...

Package received: Chocolate Easter bunny (with ears still intact - last time I looked), fanciest lolipops I've ever seen (frog looks like :grin: ), little Jaguars football helmet, Decon container (for our next cache), Geocaching the Top 40 and a GeoJellies 4 (looks good enough to eat).

9c64e784-d6ba-4b98-a2b3-bfeb3fcd39ae.jpg

Thanks boiler-todd!!!