Easter Mission

Firefly03

As I have yet to actually complete a mission myself, I hope I get this right :)

Firstly, read post #6. That will give you the guidelines for this particular mission. Basically you are given a name and an address and (for this mission) you are required to mail out one regular sized (non micro) geocoin that is unactivated, as well as anything easter related (but that's optional and up to you). Then, in return someone sends you one geocoin etc. back. You should also know this may include international shipping etc.

What I did before committing to any missions is i searched missions in the Geocoin Forum and looked at pictures and read how and what others put in their missions, to kind of get a feel for what is the 'norm'.

If anyone has anything to correct or add please, please feel free. :unsure:

Edited by MoonCat & KDT

I might sign up, but I don't have a clue what I'm doing here. What am I suppose to do?

Mission:

Send one unactivated non-micro coin. As always, other stuff is up to you.

Time:

Sign up by filling out the form with the required information by March 19. If you are signing up for more than one mission you must fill out that many forms. Or email me at geofirefly03@gmail.com

Easter 2011 Geocoin Mission sign-up

Post your progress here.

Sign-up:

Name received:

Package sent:

grodan Karin

Sign-up: feb 22

Name received: march 21

Package sent:

Package received:

I collect animalshaped coins and food/beverageshaped coins but I am not picky. Any gifts are nice gifts. I haven´t bought many coins the last year and I try to activate my keepers so you can take a look in my profile to see what coins I have. I don´t have a seekinglist but I could always list a few:

Sea of treasure (tsun), Andy the squirrel (Ernies), The sheep Edeltraude with "fur" on it and some others as well.

grodan Karin

I didn't get a name....was I signed up properly>>?? Oh no....

I still have not gotten all names out. The program I used to randomize the names messed up and I have to go back through everything I sent. :sad: I apologize for this mix up, every one will have a name by the end of the day today.

All names have been sent. If you signed up and did not receive a name please email me.

This was my first attempt at hosting a mission. I've learned some things (like to find a different program to randomize names. <_< ) Thank you to all for your patients. Sorry for any confusions.

Now bring on the fun!!

Easter Mission #1

Sign-up: 21/02/11

Name received: 22/03/11

Package sent: ...

Package received: ...

Easter Mission #2

Sign-up: 21/02/11

Name received: ...

rattusbaggus's Easter Mission

Sign-up: 28/02/11

Name received: 22/03/11

sign-up: March 5

name received: March 21

mission sent:

mission received:

Where do you buy geocoins, besides ebay? I've searched and been to lots of sites that sell say, 10 or so designs. But, it seems to be mostly the same coins. Any recommended places that I must be overlooking?

I saw an adorable Year of the Rabbit coin I was going to buy, but it was PayPal only (which I don't do).

Will keep searching...

sign-up: March 5

name received: March 21

mission sent:

mission received:

Where do you buy geocoins, besides ebay? I've searched and been to lots of sites that sell say, 10 or so designs. But, it seems to be mostly the same coins. Any recommended places that I must be overlooking?

I saw an adorable Year of the Rabbit coin I was going to buy, but it was PayPal only (which I don't do).

Will keep searching...

Have a read of this Frequently Asked Questions about Geocoins

At most geocoin stores you will have to use PayPal, whether it is with a PayPal account or without to just do the credit card transaction.

And remember folks - please put some effort into it, most people do. It isn't all about just sending the cheapest geocoin so that you can take part. I've been on the receiving end of people doing this several times, where all you receive is a padded mailer with a mass produced coin it in. It is an extremely big disappointment to receive one of those.

If you are not sure what is expected, search the forums for some of the other missions that have happened (Easter, Christmas, Thanksgiving) and take a look towards the end of them where people are posting pictures of what they have received.

Secret Santa 2009

Zazth's 1st Annual Easter Mission (2008)

Dog Days of Summer Mission

Edited by keewee

All names have been sent. If you signed up and did not receive a name please email me.

Sign-up: form sent 3/21/2011

Name received:

Package sent:

Package received:

** I posted on March 18th, but didnt fill out the form until tonight! My first time doing this, so I do apologize. If anyone would like to do a mission with me, I'm available.

nelmel

Sign-up: form sent 3/21/2011

Name received:

Package sent:

Package received:

** I posted on March 18th, but didnt fill out the form until tonight! My first time doing this, so I do apologize. If anyone would like to do a mission with me, I'm available.

nelmel

I'd do it if no one else wants to.

MISSION #1

SOUTHERN_ANGEL

NAME RECEIVED: 3/21/11

PACKAGE SENT:

PACKAGE RECEIVED:

MISSION #2

SUPERFUN HUNTERS (17 YR OLD GIRL)

NAME RECEIVED: 3/20/11

PACKAGE SENT:

PACKAGE RECEIVED: