The Great Cow Tag Race has found a home!

Jackalgirl

The race is coming up this Saturday, can't wait!

Here's a picture of what a prepared Racer Cow looks like:

GreatCowTagRaceTags.jpg

I'll be updating the racer list tonight, so if you've activated your cows, links to your cows will be updated. If you haven't, please do, and thanks!

nice job! they look great, thanks for putting this together.

The race is coming up this Saturday, can't wait!

Here's a picture of what a prepared Racer Cow looks like:

[...]

I'll be updating the racer list tonight, so if you've activated your cows, links to your cows will be updated. If you haven't, please do, and thanks!

They look great :surprise:

I'm also releasing the four cows that I have in Spain, whose mission is to get to Sonoma in April 2012 ... is difficult but not impossible! :grin:

One of mine has been logged as being picked up already and I hear it is travelling across country very soon - YAY! (That's if my handle on US geography is correct...)

Wow - Way to go, keewee!

First thing I did when I woke up was run to the computer to check on my cows! But they're still shown at the event. My fingers are crossed that they're actually in good hands and having so much fun they're too busy to log in. :D

Who knew cows could be so exciting!? :laughing:

One of mine has been logged as being picked up already and I hear it is travelling across country very soon - YAY! (That's if my handle on US geography is correct...)

Wow - Way to go, keewee!

First thing I did when I woke up was run to the computer to check on my cows! But they're still shown at the event. My fingers are crossed that they're actually in good hands and having so much fun they're too busy to log in. :D

Who knew cows could be so exciting!? :laughing:

LMAO - yes, who knew... shame the GW9 doves weren't trackable too - we could be having bird and bovine races! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Edited by keewee

The cows had a wonderful time at the GeoRally event, and are now headed out in all directions to start their adventures :) I posted a picture of the entire herd at the cache page (coord.info/gc2nrd3).

Thanks so much Moozer - you did a great job outfitting the tags for us. Love the pic too!

This event sounds so fun - I would love to meet my cows there next year. We visited that area once and it's so beautiful.

I've gotten the race standings list updated! If you find a log with particularly nice pictures and would like me to post about them on the site, let me know (I'll contact the cacher for permission to use the photos first, of course) -- if you take any that are cool, please don't hesitate to shoot me an email (greatcowtagrace@grafikato.com) and I'll put up a blog post about 'em. In the next day or so (family/time willing), I'll start pulling together and reposting details about the upcoming non-racer "cowtests", too, for those of you who bought regular tags (which are, btw, still available).

Go cows go!

What are the odds that BOTH of my cows are among those six cows that decided to surrender themselves to the fastfood industry...

LMAO... with my usual luck in races, I'm surprised mine are still alive!!! I usually loose at least one racer either out of the blocks or at the first cache!

What are the odds that BOTH of my cows are among those six cows that decided to surrender themselves to the fastfood industry...

I hope your cow just decided to go hang out with the happy cows in california! You need a herding dog like I have though to protect your cow from the evil sheep though.. :lol:

thats cool!

What?? Those are MY two cows in your video! I should have known, sending them off to the US, that they'd swap to the modeling industry...

Seriously, one more cow has escaped from the butcher, but of course none of mine were clever enough to follow.

What?? Those are MY two cows in your video! I should have known, sending them off to the US, that they'd swap to the modeling industry...

Seriously, one more cow has escaped from the butcher, but of course none of mine were clever enough to follow.

Better to be producing cheese than beef! (from a cows perspective) :laughing:

Mooooving right along...

Howdy! Okay, so maybe getting these updated once a week is beyond my capabilities, sigh. But I did just update the standings, and now I've got a tickler in my calender to yell at me every week, heh. :)

It looks like there's been an upset -- Moozilla moves into first place!

Most Original Tag & Squee! Cowtests

The cowtests for these two categories closes out on July 18, 2011, which is a mere month and some in change from now. From the Cowtests page:

Most Original Tag - Tag with the most original item attached. The actual “bug” attached to the tag should somehow relate to the theme of charity, especially self-sustaining charity. A winner will be announced on July 18th, 2011.

Squee! - The most adorable Tag, as judged by panel of guest judges. A winner will be announced on July 18th, 2011. Make sure you check out Snoogans’ TB Longevity Clinic for hints on how to make your tags less attractive to thieves, as cute tags/bugs are often targets.

If you've got an interesting/original and/or cute-as-a-button tag you'd like to submit to either (or both) cowtests, please send me a photo and a writeup via greatcowtagrace@grafikato.com. I'll add it to the list of entries for the applicable cowtest(s).

I'd also welcome neat photos from the racers, too, so if you see that someone's posted something cool and you want to brag about it, please don't hesitate to shoot me an email to greatcowtagrace@grafikato.com. I'll touch base with the cacher for permission to post the photo and add it to the gallery if an affirmative is received. Cheers!