Kitsap county top 10 caches?

Tmay2000

You have only found 21 caches. Just don't look for micros. There are plenty of great caches in the Port Orchard area. Not sure if you want what we think are great caches. Favorite caches are like favorite cars. There are several lists or bookmarks of favorite caches. Look them up and welcome to Geocaching.

Hi there - welcome to geocaching!

WSGA maintains Cache Recommendations lists for various areas of Washington state, including one for North Olympic Peninsula (which includes Kitsap).

In addition, you can use the Favorites feature on geocaching.com to sort caches in an area by Favorite votes, which is very handy for finding local favorites.

Edited by hydnsek

Hey guys, first things first I'm the Capt. of team GO GO SPEED CACHERS, and we are tiered of all the micros in Port Orchard (our home town)and we want to know what your top 10 favorite Caches are in the Kitsap County?

21 finds all in Kitsap county, and all mostly urban type hides. Guess what you find for urban hides? Get out on the tree farms and some of the more remote areas of Kitsap county and you will soon be complaining that your tired of the hikes and ammo cans in the woods. There are in the neighborhood of 1,000 hides in Kitsap county. You should be able to find some variety. And you need to adjust your thinking, a cache favorite has nothing to do with size.

I just looked at the caches you have found (Your Group is Good) You have found a few caches that we couldn't find. I see you found Baatan Park which was my first hide in the fall of 2001. It was the first cache in the city limits of Bremerton. Looks to me like

you have sampled a varity of caches in Kitsap County. You might look into doing the Kitsap County Challege. It will take you to many senic places. You have a very good team, just look for more difficult caches and also log your DNFs if you ever have any.

Edited by W7WT

Dick's suggestion is a great one. A little Kitsap Hometown Escape is a great way to see some really nice locations and grab good caches.

I would also suggest you start working on a few puzzle caches and multi caches. It may be hard at first, but you will find that they are extremely enjoyable once you get the hang of it.

I took my boys to the Centralia Meet n Greet yesterday to make some new friends and say hello to old ones. On the way, we stopped at the Mima Mounds in Grand Mound. There is an earth cache there and we got to see an amazing location and learn something new.

Happy caching!!!

Donna

thanks Dick we are all new cachers, we found that micros are fun if the hide is unique im in no way saying we wont do them we just grow weary of all the local ones in our home town, we drove out to Bremerton last night to see what kinda of cahces we could find at night, i would still like to know what your favorite caches were so that my team and i i can share in the fun. that was the whole point in this thread after all. Quite frankly Donna your "water play" cache wooped my butt! good hide we DnF'd on that one but will be back btw the cords were VERY wonky they threw us all over the place! But we will be back non the less! and thanks for the hints on the Kitsap county challange, and the puzzle caches we usually just skip over most of that seeing as we do a ton at nite when we are all off work. thanks again guys i appreciate you taking time to give a new comer some helpful feed back! i hope to run into you guys soon!

thanks Dick we are all new cachers, we found that micros are fun if the hide is unique im in no way saying we wont do them we just grow weary of all the local ones in our home town, we drove out to Bremerton last night to see what kinda of cahces we could find at night, i would still like to know what your favorite caches were so that my team and i i can share in the fun. that was the whole point in this thread after all. Quite frankly Donna your "water play" cache wooped my butt! good hide we DnF'd on that one but will be back btw the cords were VERY wonky they threw us all over the place! But we will be back non the less! and thanks for the hints on the Kitsap county challange, and the puzzle caches we usually just skip over most of that seeing as we do a ton at nite when we are all off work. thanks again guys i appreciate you taking time to give a new comer some helpful feed back! i hope to run into you guys soon!

Any cache that we can find is a GOOD one. Our caching style is very different. All the other readers are tired of hearing all this but it will explain to you why we are different. I started geocaching in 2001 and other than using routing GPSs with paperless geocaching we only find caches. We don't go after FTF, never leave or take anything. Don't do travel bugs or collect coins. We have cached in all 50 states, have done the Delorem and Washington County Challenge. Conducted the Kitsap County Challenge along with -Hawke-. We have slowed down since I had a bad Aortic Valve that I had replaced about 3 months ago. Favorite caches are where you find them. We love traveling and caching in small towns. We found great caches in all the states. By the way I was a Naval Officer in WWII and my wife welded nacelles on B24's< I will be 86 in April and Arlene is 84.

Edited by W7WT

In addition, you can use the Favorites feature on geocaching.com to sort caches in an area by Favorite votes, which is very handy for finding local favorites.

you need to be a premium member for that

edit: oops.. only need premium to log favorites.. anyone can sort on them

Edited by happy deac0n