Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Uplink

Another bug...

Recommended Posts

On my Alki Tour #2 Cache page, http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=17211&log=y&decrypt=

The photo on the page now has a broken link. Now that I think about it, the image was probably located off site on my own web space, so I will just upload it to the page and edit the page to reflect that. Also, I now have a couple of html tags showing (probably my sloppy coding) icon_eek.gif. I will wait a day or two before fixing it in case anyone wants to look at it...

Share this post


Link to post

I also discovered this morning that many of my cache pages had broken images.

 

In the old days Jeremy kept uploaded images at http://www.geocaching.com/cache/images/ but later moved them to http://img.Groundspeak.com/cache/

 

If you had a graphic on a cache page that linked to an image stored on another cache page as you have in your example (I also have many of these) that used the old location instead of the new image server, they still used to work up until yesterday's static page change.

 

To fix the problem, all you have to do is go edit your cache page and change the img tag to the new location. Fortunatly the name of the actual file at the end of the tag (i.e. 10321_1800.jpg) didn't change, only the server address.

 

In all honesty, we've been on borrowed time for a number of months. We really should have updated these links when Jeremy first put the image server online.

 

Happy Caching!

 

_________________________________

Member:

banner-small.gif

Share this post


Link to post

Ahh yes. In my new code I missed the old "Find the old links and replace them with the new" code. Should I re-add it? Probably the best thing to do is to permanently change them in the db.

 

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

Share this post


Link to post

I'm surprised you didn't sweep through the database and do that in the code like you did when you changed the log photos.

 

Do I have to go through and update all of these manually, or can you do an update in the background that takes

http://www.geocaching.com/cache/images/
and replaces it with
http://img.Groundspeak.com/cache/

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching

Share this post


Link to post

I fixed this one. All those images should now resolve correctly.

 

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

×
×
  • Create New...