Magellan Explorist

dickholmes

I have the Magellan explorist gc and when I load the .gpx files they show up in the geocaches folder when opened on the computer but are not there when trying to access them from the GPSr itself. does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem? it would be greatly appreciated. thanks for your time

Just for future reference, VantagePoint is software that you can use to link your Magellan up to, and can download your pocket queries right from the website, extract them, download the corresponding images, upload your paperless logs, and show you a map of where the geocaches are that you just loaded. Its great software, and its free. Google it - should be easy to find lol

Just for future reference, VantagePoint is software that you can use to link your Magellan up to, and can download your pocket queries right from the website, extract them, download the corresponding images, upload your paperless logs, and show you a map of where the geocaches are that you just loaded. Its great software, and its free. Google it - should be easy to find lol

I use VantagePoint myself, It's a little quirky, and takes some learning to use.. My only gripe about it, is it's darn slow, transfers are even slower. I normally load the caches like Dick, putting the gpx file in the Geocaches folder of the GC's flash drive. (in any name GPX file, as long as it's not the "newgeocaches.gpx' file.)

My only gripe with the GC itself, so-far, is the super tiny print. I'm 47, and the eyesight is going fuzzy way too quick!

It's near impossible to wear reading glasses while hiking a trail, needing to toss them on to read the GPS. :sad:

Stephen (gelfling6)

My only gripe with the GC itself, so-far, is the super tiny print. I'm 47, and the eyesight is going fuzzy way too quick!

It's near impossible to wear reading glasses while hiking a trail, needing to toss them on to read the GPS. :sad:

Stephen (gelfling6)

Check the magellan support site. They released a few firmware upgrades which fixed the tiny font in cache description so you can actually read it now!