The Blech Nickel coin pass Mission

EyeD10T

I think there is enough interest, so I think we can do it again. I think that everything went well this time around. I want to do the International pass first and then we will have a reverse redo of this pass.

If you have any thoughts or ideas, feel free to toss them out for discussion. :)

Thanks to everyone that has participated - I am looking forward to seeing the blech nickel again :)

I received the Blech Nickel pass today. There were a bunch of cool coins in the pass - many that are on my wish list. :)

cfdb1087-fd4e-4d76-89e5-a7fab8d749e5.jpg

1bd00b6c-5880-44f8-ac6f-b10c022b77ee.jpg

The mission is now complete. Thank you so much everyone for participating. I really appreciate it. I hope that everyone had fun and I look forward to doing it again.

I have a couple of things to ask. I will be doing the blech nickel International pass next.

Does everyone want to wait till that one is done to start another pass, or would you like me to set one up with a different blech nickel so there is a new coin to discover and we can start it while the International pass is running?

There are several people that didnt get in on the 1st pass that expressed interest. I am thinking that I would like to allow them a chance to get in on the "return pass", so what does everyone think about doing the next one a bit different? I can include a list of participants in the pass and then everyone can pick someone on the list to send the pass to next. When you pick the person you are sending to, you would scratch the name off the list. Thoughts?

I'm thinking part of the missions-success was the limited group and the directed pass. Everyone knew who had it and where it was going as well as when their turn would come.

The last two missions of this type fizzled out with the mission being lost. I would guess this was due to the mach larger group of mission members. Possibly the random order of the pass help to kill them off as well as people tend to come and go and don't always follow through with a mission that started a year or so back.

Whatever you do I would limit the group to 25 like last time. The random pass might be OK with a limited defined group.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

If you need additional participants I'll do another :lol:

I'm thinking part of the missions-success was the limited group and the directed pass. Everyone knew who had it and where it was going as well as when their turn would come.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

I would agree with TeamEccs on that. We are all up for participating again and I really was in favor of the reverse order, that way you get to do something for the people that did something for you....kind of tit for tat ya know?

OK - here is what I am thinking...let me know if you have any thoughts.

We can go ahead and run a reverse order mission of the blech nickel pass now. Since everyone has already discovered the blech nickel, I will find an alternate coin in the reverse order pass that can be discovered and moved in its place. This way, once the international version is over I can start a new blech nickel pass to give new cachers a chance to participate.

The pass will work the same way, but in reverse order. We can keep this thread open and make the reverse order cache a continuation of the mission.

If everyone is okay with this, we can go ahead and run with this.

Works for me.

You should get a commitment from everyone in the first mission before starting a new one on its way.

I agree. I will contact everyone that has not responded to see if they are interested and will get this going shortly thereafter.

I have e-mailed those that have not yet responded to see if they would like to participate in the reverse order pass. So far there are 5 more that I am waiting to hear from and there is 1 that is not able to participate so far. I will keep the thread updated.

I also will be adding a few new names to the list, due to the number of people that have asked to sign up. We will do the reverse order pass, and then once it reaches me again, I will send it to the newer players. Once the Overseas pass is complete, then I will do a reverse order with the new names so they will have a chance to see the original blech nickel if they choose. (I hope this makes sense).

So, if you are interested in the reverse mission, please contact me to let me know (if you have not done so already). I am adding 5 people to the list, so if all 15 original players sign up there will be slots for 5 additional players.

I am sorry that it has taken me so long to reply. Its be really busy around the house, so I have not been online that much. I am about to mailout the International version of the pass and then I will get this one on the road.

There are a couple of folks that opted out of the return pass, but I have a few others that would like to join and I will put them in the list. I will post the pass order in the next couple of days.

We have enough to participate, so signup for the return mission is closed.

Edited by EyeD10T

Here is the coin that will fill in for the Blech Nickel on the reverse trip. I called this one, "Chip", the other blech nickel. :)

03d7f85b-857c-4130-a98e-b53572cb3660.jpg

This coin was one of the sample coins that were made for the Home is where the cache is s1v2 Geocoin. When I was taking a picture of the samples, I dropped this one on the driveway and chipped the side of the coin.

0e9af0c2-98d5-4c78-851c-aa9b64eb0d01.jpg

The sample coin also had no enamel where the lettering was, so it was really hard to read. I added color to the final run so the lettering would stand out better.

This coin will be in the pass so the participants and either discover it, dip it in a cache, or just pass it along.

I will be posting the pass order later as well as the coins that will be in the pass. I hope to have this mailed off on Monday at the latest.

OK - Here is the pass order

usyoopers

TeamECCS21

Buckeyeview

Moozer

SheltieDogShowLover

LewisClan77

Penny and Kona

Steben6

sp1tf1re

LilSmiths

Ashallond

scificollector

BlueEyedAussie

Fluteface

Azure Sky

Maine Family

EyeD10T

There were a few people that opted out of the reverse pass, so I replaced them with a new participant. The order is in reverse order from the original pass (the new folks were added to the list at random).

If you have an address different that what was used in the 1st pass, please let me know what the new address is. If you are a new participant and have not already sent me your address, then please send it to me.

Let me know if there are any questions.

Thanks, Jim, for putting this all together and for letting me join this one! I can't wait!!

Just one question, to make sure I understand...after you get the reverse order pass back and after the international one is done, you are going to do another reverse pass with the new people so we can see the Blech Nickel coin? 'Cause that would be cool! Thanks again.

Thanks, Jim, for putting this all together and for letting me join this one! I can't wait!!

Just one question, to make sure I understand...after you get the reverse order pass back and after the international one is done, you are going to do another reverse pass with the new people so we can see the Blech Nickel coin? 'Cause that would be cool! Thanks again.

Yes, I plan on doing a reverse pass with the blech nickel for those that didnt get to see it the first time around. It may be a while - have to wait until the International pass it done.

Inside the pass is:

"Chip" - the reverse Blech Nickel

List of Addresses

The coin pass coins

A gift for the next on the list

Please make sure to post pictures of the pass as it goes along. Also, try not to hold it too long before getting it on to the next person. If you are not going to be at home when the pass is coming to you, let us know so we can skip you and then return at the end of the pass.

Inside the passbox is a list of addresses. The list is in pass order. Please mark off the address you are mailing to when you send the pass.

:) The Pass made it here yesterday. I was having problems with pictures so I had to wait for the other yoopers help on that.... Here is the box of goodies-

e086d203-9cc4-481c-b2e1-7990c9d9c901.jpg

We took the 3 coins on the left and put the 3 coins on the right into the pass.

4fb69e16-6234-4b95-b0c8-43178260870a.jpg

I should have it boxed up and back into the mail this afternoon.... :D

Nothing bad has happened :)

We moved into our new condo on the 15th and things have been a little hectic the last week. I am sorry for the delay but hope to get the mission on its way this weekend.

A description will have to do as we have still not located the camera.

Coming soon to a forum near you <_<

Well it looks like there will be no pictures. Lots of boxes unpacked but still no camera. :mad:

We would like to thank usyoopers for a great package. Since I still can't get at our coins we just admired the traders and are sending them along unchanged.

The package will be heading to Buckeyeview tomorrow afternoon as we have held this mission up long enough.

We have dipped "Chip" in a cache near us and it is ready to be grabbed.

Thanks again for a fun mission :)

I'll post the tracking # tomorrow after work.