The Blech Nickel coin pass Mission

EyeD10T

Woo-hoo!!!! When I got home from work, I found a package waiting for me!!!! I hadn't told the children what was coming, so when I brought it in and opened it they immediately took over. My son claimed the Dragon Spinner coin and my daughter claimed the sheep. I will be replacing them with a Louisiana State coin and a Stargazer coin. I will post pictures later. The gifts were also very nice, some games we can play while driving from one cache to another. I will try and send everything back out on Monday or Tuesaday. We really enjoyed doing this and are looking forward to doing other missions. Thanks.

Woo-hoo!!!! When I got home from work, I found a package waiting for me!!!! I hadn't told the children what was coming, so when I brought it in and opened it they immediately took over. My son claimed the Dragon Spinner coin and my daughter claimed the sheep. I will be replacing them with a Louisiana State coin and a Stargazer coin. I will post pictures later. The gifts were also very nice, some games we can play while driving from one cache to another. I will try and send everything back out on Monday or Tuesaday. We really enjoyed doing this and are looking forward to doing other missions. Thanks.

Good to hear - cant wait to see the pictures... :)

Sorry for the delay. I mailed the pass out this morning. We really enjoyed doing this. I hope Docwahala likes the gifts, I tried picking things that represent Louisiana. I am having trouble posting the pics. If I can't get any posted before it is recieved, maybe doc can post when he gets it. Once again, thanks for letting us help with the mission.

I hope that everyone is enjoying the pass so far. It is almost at the halfway mark. Please remember to try to send the pass out within 3-4 days of receipt. If you are going to be away when it is your turn, let me know so we can skip you and schedule the pass to arrive when you are back.

Also, dont forget to post the following, once you have completed the pass:

Date pass received:

Date pass sent:

Coins took

Coins put into pass:

Thanks again for participating in the pass and Have a Happy Earth Day everyone! :)

I'd like to offer a plug for some pictures of the missions. When this mission first started, it was loads of fun to see how the 10 coins changed from person to person. A photo of what you received with the coins would be nice, too, not to mention provide those who have yet to receive the mission an idea of what they might include. At the very least, a picture of the coins you had to choose from and then the coins that you are sending on for the next person to choose from. Pictures of the coins borrowed from websites are a good approximation, but there's something about seeing the entire complement of coins - a group shot if you will.

The fact that EyeD10T included a trackable coin with this mission makes sharing pictures here a bit easier than other missions. After you grab the coin, you can use your "grabbed from" log on gc.com to upload your photos. Your pictures will then have their own URL links that you can then use to post here to the forums. It's really easy, and I'm sure any of us here would be happy to help out as well.

Unless you don't have a camera or a working camera, sharing pictures with this mission couldn't be easier.

I'd like to offer a plug for some pictures of the missions. When this mission first started, it was loads of fun to see how the 10 coins changed from person to person. A photo of what you received with the coins would be nice, too, not to mention provide those who have yet to receive the mission an idea of what they might include. At the very least, a picture of the coins you had to choose from and then the coins that you are sending on for the next person to choose from. Pictures of the coins borrowed from websites are a good approximation, but there's something about seeing the entire complement of coins - a group shot if you will.

The fact that EyeD10T included a trackable coin with this mission makes sharing pictures here a bit easier than other missions. After you grab the coin, you can use your "grabbed from" log on gc.com to upload your photos. Your pictures will then have their own URL links that you can then use to post here to the forums. It's really easy, and I'm sure any of us here would be happy to help out as well.

Unless you don't have a camera or a working camera, sharing pictures with this mission couldn't be easier.

Very well put. I couldn't agree more.

Very nice. Thank you for the plug ;)

The Coin pass looks like it is stalled. The tracking info shows its been delivered - I have sent an email to the receiver, but have not heard back yet. Lets all keep our fingers crossed (and maybe start making those missing/reward signs to hang around the neighborhood) :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Have a good weekend!

The Coin pass looks like it is stalled. The tracking info shows its been delivered - I have sent an email to the receiver, but have not heard back yet. Lets all keep our fingers crossed (and maybe start making those missing/reward signs to hang around the neighborhood) :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Have a good weekend!

In a post early in this thread they said they rotate 5 weeks in the states and 5 weeks in africa. They haven't logged on in about a month, so lets hope for the best.

Am really enjoying watching the progress of this mission. I've not joined in with a pass missions so far as was not sure I really understood how they worked, but with the photos here, it makes it clear what is involved. Love the addition of having the Blech Nickel coin moving along to everyone and visiting local caches, gives a record of the effort & kindness everyone has put in. B)

Have a good weekend!

In a post early in this thread they said they rotate 5 weeks in the states and 5 weeks in africa. They haven't logged on in about a month, so lets hope for the best.

We had been in communication up until about a month ago. He had some things going on and was having to do a lot of travel, but he made it a point to let me know where he was and that he had his coins ready to exchange for the pass. The pass took a bit longer than I had expected to get there, so I am guessing he is back traveling again. Hopefully he will make it back soon - but when he does make it back the pass should be back on the road again.

Edited by EyeD10T

Still no word on the pass, so I am going to guess that it may be a few weeks before it gets going again. I show that the following participants have yet to receive the pass:

Penny and Kona

LewisClan77

eseurat

sweetlife

Buckeyeview

TeamECCS21

usyoopers

EyeD10T

I was thinking about an alternative this morning and thought that I would throw this out there to see what you all thought.

I have 10 coins that I can start another pass with. I dont have another blech nickel, but I do have another sample coin that I could use if you wanted one in the pass to be discovered (we could skip that part too). If you want me to, I can start the new pass and send it to the beginning of the list. If the original pass does show up, then I can just have it sent to me directly.

I am open to any thoughts you may have. If you prefer to wait, that is fine with me too. I was just trying to think of ways to get the mission back on track.

I appreciate any feedback on this. Have a great day all!!

I'm in no rush either and I think it would be nice to log the original Blech coin for the entire mission. I'm sure docwahala will pass it along fairly quickly after they get back, which according to their earlier posts of traveling five weeks, should be soon. I don't know how recently you've sent an email, but perhaps another friendly reminder would be good, in case they're back and forgot:)

I'm sure docwahala will pass it along fairly quickly after they get back, which according to their earlier posts of traveling five weeks, should be soon. I don't know how recently you've sent an email, but perhaps another friendly reminder would be good, in case they're back and forgot:)

+1

WooHoo!!! The coin pass is on the move. I received the following email and pictures from DocWahala today:

"The box is going in the mail today. The pictures on the brown background are the items that were in the box when received. The pictures on the white background are those that are going forward. Side by side photos - coins on right are those we are sending.

DocWahala"

CoinTrade255.jpg

CoinTrade273.jpg

CoinTrade290.jpg

CoinTrade291.jpg

CoinTrade292.jpg

CoinTrade293.jpg

I believe this mission is waiting for me at my house. I am away at the moment, but neighbors have told me that a package has arrived. It has to be this mission, because it's the only one that is well underway that I've signed up for. The "coin spotlight" mission is still young yet, so it can't be that.

I was happy to see the photos, until I saw that the coins I wanted were taken by the previous recipient. Lucky him! Oh well...I'm sure I can find at least one coin that I don't already have and trade up with. After corresponding with the next recipient, I definitely have some coins to add to this mission that will make nice trades. I hope to have the mission on the way to the next recipient one week from today!

Edited by Penny and Kona

I believe this mission is waiting for me at my house. I am away at the moment, but neighbors have told me that a package has arrived. It has to be this mission, because it's the only one that is well underway that I've signed up for. The "coin spotlight" mission is still young yet, so it can't be that.

I was happy to see the photos, until I saw that the coins I wanted were taken by the previous recipient. Lucky him! Oh well...I'm sure I can find at least one coin that I don't already have and trade up with. After corresponding with the next recipient, I definitely have some coins to add to this mission that will make nice trades. I hope to have the mission on the way to the next recipient one week from today!

Thanks for the update! It's always nice to have a fun package waiting when you get home. Enjoy and please post pictures :)