The Blech Nickel coin pass Mission

EyeD10T

Your item was processed through and left our SPRINGFIELD, MA 01152 facility on February 25, 2011 at 2:23 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Its interesting that the package went from NH to NJ and then to MA - can't it just go to ME from NH?? :blink:

Edited by EyeD10T

Your item was processed through and left our SPRINGFIELD, MA 01152 facility on February 25, 2011 at 2:23 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Its interesting that the package went from NH to NJ and then to MA - can't it just go to ME from NH?? :blink:

I sent one from Maine to Connecticut and watched it go to Hawaii before it went to where it should. Watching the tracking is always an adventure.

I sent one from Maine to Connecticut and watched it go to Hawaii before it went to where it should. Watching the tracking is always an adventure.

LOL - there blows my theory of putting it geographical so the travel time is faster LOL. Either way, looks like you may get it tomorrow or Monday! ;)

The mission arrived today and it was fabulous. There was so many great things in the box. My grandson is overly excited because there was a hatch a dinosaur and he is crazy about dinosaurs. He also got Hot wheels. Then there was a sample coin of the Blech Nickel and I really like that.There was an LL Bean bag, a water bottle, There was also a pedometer which made me laugh because I went looking for one over the weekend and didn't find one and now I have one. Thank you so much. Here is a picture.

ee9be7ef-64a8-4de4-891e-73a1fed4fb62.jpg

I traded 8 coins. I have sent a picture to Azure Sky letting her know what she will be receiving. She didn't have 2 of the coins so I am sending them along to her. Here is a picture of the coins I am sending to Azure Sky minus the two that was in the mission I am sending along. The 2 are Home Is Where The Cache Is and Groundspeak Lost and Found. Here is the picture of the 8 I am sending. Great mission.

9242d20f-1000-470b-8ec4-0fded2b377a5.jpg

The gifts for Azure Sky, the envelope with the addresses, the Blech Nickel Pass coin with log book and all the ocins are sealed, labeled and ready to be taken to the post office in the morning. I will post the delivery confirmation number when I get home tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks for a great mission and look forward to watching its travel.

The mission arrived yesterday while I was at work. Took pic this morning. Looks like a garden theme! Everything I need to "think Spring" :lol: There were so many great things: Hummingbird Wind Spinner (claimed by my mom), pansy and impatiens starter kits, a lawn gnome, a handwritten note from Maine Family, a few trackers and a micro (separate from the 10 coin pass), and of course the address list and blech nickel/logbook.

DSCN1281.jpg

I traded all 10 of the coins, and have replaced with 10 new ones. The gift I purchased for Six Little Spookies will arrive at my doorstep today, so I should have everything packed up for him and will bring to the post office tomorrow (Sat). Here are the coins I am sending:

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy67/sd73max/DSCN1282.jpg

From the top left: 1. Le Chat Rampant - Cat Cache Fever, 2. Halloween 2010, 3. Forest Kami Terrane, 4. Carousel Lion, 5. 10-10-10 Powers of Ten - Harlequin, 6. 2011 World Youth Day Geocoin, 7. 2010 Geoquest Geocoin (Foggy Gold, XLE), 8. YemonYime v3 Pink Geocoin (corrected version), 9. 2011 Year of the Rabbit (gold), and 10. Venetian Masquerade - Geoswag store version.

This was my first mission, and I must say it's been a blast! I'll be watching this one closely until the end. :D

Thanks for sharing the picture - what a nice gift you got - just in time to get the garden started! Congratulations on all the great coins. I am enjoying seeing all of the coins...there are a bunch I have not seen before. Looks like the 2nd stop was a success! Woohoo!

Sounds fun! Count me in! E-mail sent.

Name: Azure Sky (Shari)

Date pass received: 03/03/11

Date pass sent: 03/05/11

Coins took: all 10

Coins put into pass: Le Chat Rampant - Cat Cache Fever, Halloween 2010, Forest Kami Terrane, Carousel Lion, 10-10-10 Powers of Ten - Harlequin, 2011 World Youth Day Geocoin, 2010 Geoquest Geocoin (Foggy Gold, XLE), YemonYime v3 Pink Geocoin (corrected version), 2011 Year of the Rabbit (gold), Venetian Masquerade - Geoswag store version.

Coin Pass: COMPLETE

Updated status.

Edited by Azure Sky

I guess I'll let the person in front of me know that my school will be on Spring break March 19th through 27th. If you get the package during that time, send me a note and I'll give you a second address so we don't slow down the mission for a week while we wait for the mail to be delivered the week after spring break is over.

I have had a couple of people contact me to let me know that they may not be home when the pass is scheduled to be to them. If you know ahead of time if you are not going to be home when the pass is headed your way, please let me know - we will skip you and then the pass can return to you on its way back. With the number of people in the pass, this is going to take 2 - 3 months to go around as it is and I am hoping not to have it held up too long.

Ok, Here we go!

On 7 March I got word from my wife that a box had arrived for me. Unfortunately I was TDY to Charleston and wasn't due back until Saturday (after the Post Offices closed). Everyone had to wait.

Saturday came, I got home and the box was opened.

189b4c8d-2205-427a-856f-45f4800ad6a1.jpg

Not only was there 10 awesome coins, but Azure Sky had sent a host of other goodies! There was an Otter Box, 3 backpack clips, a set of Travel Bug tags and a Travel Buddy tag, a blinkie nano, bison tube, a box of Nestle Crunch stix, a Granite State Geocachers Community Pathtag, and a clay Tiki coin. Very cool stuff. Thanks Azure Sky!

Now I had to decide which coins to send...not an easy task. I searched through my coins to see which ones I thought would be good to pass down the line (You never really know who will like what, and you hope not to put in the poor little coin that travels the whole mission without being picked. Kind of like me in 7th grade gym class, but let's not go there...) I narrowed my pile down to about 15 candidates, then down to the final 10. And here they are! (In the interest of full disclosure, one is activated, but I included it only after I emailed BlueEyedAussie to be sure it was a coin she wanted, and didn't mind that it was activated)

04b26740-48e6-4017-bd0c-88734f1fde97.jpg

Starting at the top row, from left to right: Okinawa Geocoin (nickel), Cache Critters: Baa Geocoin (gold), Team Sand Dollar 2007 Arrowhead Geocoin (copper), 12 Days of Caching 2008 Geocoin (antique silver).

Middle row: 2bugs Geocoin (gold), Pax Baby Dragon Cache Slayer Geocoin (gold/glow), Groundspeak Lackey 2009 Geocoin (this is the coin we received from the Lackeys when we visited Groundspeak HQ in 2009. We had already bought and activated one), Dog Days Geocoin (GC&P Club July 2008).

Bottom Row: FisnJack Geocoin (silver), Fantasy Butterfly 2009 Geocoin (nickel).

So to wrap up:

Name: Six Little Spookies

Date pass received: 7 Mar

Date pass sent: Expect a 14 Mar mailing

Coins took: All of them: Le Chat Rampant - Cat Cache Fever, Halloween 2010, Forest Kami Terrane, Carousel Lion, 10-10-10 Powers of Ten - Harlequin, 2011 World Youth Day Geocoin, 2010 Geoquest Geocoin (Foggy Gold, XLE), YemonYime v3 Pink Geocoin (corrected version), 2011 Year of the Rabbit (gold), Venetian Masquerade - Geoswag store version.

Coins put into pass: Okinawa, Cache Critters: Baa, Team Sand Dollar 2007 Arrowhead, 12 Days of Caching 2008, 2bugs Geocoin, Pax Baby Dragon Cache Slayer, Groundspeak Lackey 2009, Dog Days (GC&P Club July 2008), FisnJack, Fantasy Butterfly 2009.

I see a few coins I just have to trade for... now I need to decide what I can give up!

Since I was in South Carolina all last week BlueEyedAussie isn't getting anything from Jersey. I call her gift, "A Taste of Charleston." :)

Jess, I hope you like it!

Im sure I will! And I will be able to pass it along by Saturday to scificollector. Getting things together now. I hope I can find everything im thinking of!! =D

I goooooooot it!! =D Woot! LOVE the goodies I got from Spookies. Candies from the River Street Sweets, and they are yummo!!! I had to share them with the other half of B.E.A, but I just looked them up and they have a website!!! The Pralines are super good, and the rest im not sure what they are called, but they are good! I cant wait to try the honey, and taste the cartridge candy.

I LOVE little animal fetishes / stone critters, thank you! I have a small collection going and I try to get one everywhere i go. Does the decoder work the same as the geocaching one? Fingers are still sticky so I havent played with it yet.. =D

As for the coins, I took pictures right away. Its really hard to decide what to trade. I've got some extra traders coming in the mail. Should get them here and be able to pass this on Saturday! =D

DSC07480.jpg

Edited by BlueEyedAussie

I goooooooot it!! =D Woot! LOVE the goodies I got from Spookies. Candies from the River Street Sweets, and they are yummo!!! I had to share them with the other half of B.E.A, but I just looked them up and they have a website!!! The Pralines are super good, and the rest im not sure what they are called, but they are good! I cant wait to try the honey, and taste the cartridge candy.

I LOVE little animal fetishes / stone critters, thank you! I have a small collection going and I try to get one everywhere i go. Does the decoder work the same as the geocaching one? Fingers are still sticky so I havent played with it yet.. =D

I'm glad you liked it! The decoder is a replica of a decoder used by the Confederacy. They were doing Vigenere ciphers to encode their messages. The decoder and cartridge candy came from Fort Sumter. Someone in the Charleston area was dropping the fetishes/totems by the handful in the area caches. I found one that looked like a blue-eyed dog for you. :)

Had a very hectic weekend, and some last minute trades have yet to come in the mail. Not wanting to delay the pass any longer, I made myself choose 4 to trade. Attatching a picture of what is getting sent on. SciFi, I hope you like your present! And there's something I almost forgot to add that is in the envelope of addresses. =D

Name: BlueEyedAussie

Date pass received: 3/16/11

Date pass sent: going out 3/22/11

Coins took: Okinawa, Team Sand Dollar 2007 Arrowhead, Pax Baby Dragon Cache Slayer, and Fishnjack.

Coins put into pass: Eat Sleep Cache, Dragon Spinner BN, Manatee, and Virtual Cache ghost. (Figured SciFi would like the glow in the dark!)

Coins still in pass:Cache Critters: Baa, 12 Days of Caching 2008, 2bugs Geocoin, Groundspeak Lackey 2009, Dog Days (GC&P Club July 2008), Fantasy Butterfly 2009.

DSC07517.jpg

Label/Receipt Number: 0310 1230 0001 1970 5377

Expected Delivery Date: March 24, 2011

Class: Priority Mail®

Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Insured

Your item was accepted at 1:48 pm on March 22, 2011 in WEST PALM BEACH, FL 33403. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Received the pass in good order, I will take photos and do some trading. I probably will get the pass going tomorrow or Saturday. Quite a bit of neat stuff in the box that the kids and wife liked! :)

Very nice!! Cant wait to see the pictures :)

Alrighty then! The kids and wife picked out some coins then graciously allowed me to have a look at them. All in all we took :

• Eat Sleep Cache geocoin
  • Manatee Geocoin
  • Dog Days (GC&P Club July 2008)
  • Groundspeak Lackey 2009
  • 12 Days of Caching Geocoin
  • Fantasy Butterfly

Going into the pass is:

DSC02060.jpg

DSC02495-1-1.jpg

2ba1606f-1-2.jpg

Current coins in the Pass:

• Cache Critters: Baa Geocoin
  • 2bugs Geocoin
  • Voyage of Exploration : Sea (gold)
  • Tankhounds 2007 Geocoin
  • Day And Night Geocoin
  • Dragon Spinner BN Geocoin
  • Virtual Cache Ghost Microgeocoin
  • Compass Rose 2010 Geocoin - Terceira
  • Di Li Cang Bao Geocoin
  • All Seeing Eye Geocoin

More to follow.....

Alrighty then! The kids and wife picked out some coins then graciously allowed me to have a look at them. All in all we took :

• Eat Sleep Cache geocoin
  • Manatee Geocoin
  • Dog Days (GC&P Club July 2008)
  • Groundspeak Lackey 2009
  • 12 Days of Caching Geocoin
  • Fantasy Butterfly

Going into the pass is:

DSC02060.jpg

DSC02495-1-1.jpg

2ba1606f-1-2.jpg

Current coins in the Pass:

• Cache Critters: Baa Geocoin
  • 2bugs Geocoin
  • Voyage of Exploration : Sea (gold)
  • Tankhounds 2007 Geocoin
  • Day And Night Geocoin
  • Dragon Spinner BN Geocoin
  • Virtual Cache Ghost Microgeocoin
  • Compass Rose 2010 Geocoin - Terceira
  • Di Li Cang Bao Geocoin
  • All Seeing Eye Geocoin

More to follow.....

Very nice!

Sorry for the delay folks!

The pass is on the way to Ashallond. Tracking # is 0310 2640 0000 2503 2888. Shipped 9:30am this morning.

Here are some of the things that was in the pass from BlueEyedAussie.

cdd2a232-1.jpg

The kids really enjoyed the Salt Water Taffy and the Cadbury Eggs(as you can see they raided them before I could get a photo). The wife really liked the Ironwood Sea Turtle Gift. Thanks so much!

Sorry for the delay folks!

The pass is on the way to Ashallond. Tracking # is 0310 2640 0000 2503 2888. Shipped 9:30am this morning.

Here are some of the things that was in the pass from BlueEyedAussie.

cdd2a232-1.jpg

The kids really enjoyed the Salt Water Taffy and the Cadbury Eggs(as you can see they raided them before I could get a photo). The wife really liked the Ironwood Sea Turtle Gift. Thanks so much!

Glad you guys liked the stuff! I loved the turtles and bought one for myself too. Planning to go back and get a manatee next time. =D

Woo-Hoo !!! Just one more stop and then it comes to Louisiana!!! Really excited about this, because we have never done anything like this before. We only have a few coins-noobies to the coin aspect of geocaching- but we can't wait to see what comes our way!!

Well, I got the package today, and was wondering why it was so heavy when I open it up...and there's a book! (wow!) A book and a pack of Uno cards and a few other things. Now, the bad news. I've got late night events/grad classes/stuff the next three nights, so I may not be able to get pictures up of what I received and what I'm sending off until Friday. I plan to get it in the mail on Friday, LilSmiths.....it'll be there early next week. If i didn't have obligations these next three days, I'd already have it mostly ready to go tonight.

scificollector, thanks for the awesome goodies. my 3 year old daughter dancingprincess already is eyin' a couple of those coins......

Ash

ok, so insanity week is over, and I can finally get a chance to go get the gift that I want to put in here, so I fiugre it'll be out in the mail on Monday.

First, scificollector was very generous in his gift, sending me a book, a 2010 compass rose, two nerd coins, and a geojelly, along with some Uno cards, which my daughter promptly claimed.

I took the Blech nickel to a Eat-n-Greet, so a bunch of people got to marvel in the wonder of the coin ;) and then my daughter and I looked at the coins. My wife was sure dancingprincess (the three year old) would want the sheep, but she instead chose the 2bugs coin. I took the 2010 CR Terceira and the all-seing eye. I was going to keep the spinner, but dancingprincess told me it wasn't pretty.

Into the pass:

Leather Man's Circuit

6572.gif

2009 Lackey

7598.gif

Caching Snowman Winter

7873.gif

Look for more of an update on Monday with a tracking number. Sorry for keeping it so long. I haven't even had time to get my Easter Mission out either.