February 29 souvenir

Andronicus

I would rather see a fill up the calendar one, perhaps if you just get 365 days. I wonder if its possible to log a cache on February 29th, 2011. The calendar logging thing makes it look possible.

I am not saying I would, but I am just wondering if it would let me.

Um. Did someone modify the Gregorian calendar? I was under the impression the 29th does not occur until 2012 ...

Edited by northernpenguin

I know February 29 2011 does not exist but go ahead and try to select that date when you log a cache on Geocaching.com....it will let you. I just have never hit the submit button. It was just one of those statistical anomaly hypothetical questions.

I am going to try for fun, and then will delete the log.....

Yep, you can select February 29 2011, but it converts it to February 17th. Maybe its a too far in the future kind of thing. Will have to try later, just for science.

Yep, you can select February 29 2011, but it converts it to February 17th. Maybe its a too far in the future kind of thing. Will have to try later, just for science.

It lets me enter a note for Feb 28th 2010, but not for Feb 29th 2010, so Groundspeak does check, and if date is invalid, uses today's date.

It makes sense - date is probably stored as a numeric value internally, instead of as discrete day, month, year and so on.

For all the Canadians - I think July 32nd, piggy back day should have a souvenir. Stompin Tom is great.

stompintom.jpg

His album even says it should be a souvenir.

As for Leap Day, that would be a good souvenir, once every 4 years.

OH! The good ole Hockey Game is the BEST game you can name. The Best game you can name is the Good ole Hockey Game :grin: