PIRATEMANIA 2011

PopUpPirate

The annual MAYHEM is here once again!!!

http://www.piratemania.org.uk/

This year we've got DOUBLE the teams and TRIPLE the fun!!!

Last year we had kangaroo boxing and walk the plank and tug of war and tons of caches.

This year we're just gonna take the **** and go completely daft :lol: Rum? Check! Worlds Hottest Curry? Check! Caches? Check! Mayhem? CHECK!!!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC2NYZG

If unsure... read previous years logs!

piratemaniapage2011.jpg

Last years Piratemania was the biggest event outside the Mega, allegedly... this year...

Edited by PopUpPirate

Hi Boltonian, it's a very disabled friendly event. The site is fully featured and has easy access throughout, and the site owners couldn't be more helpful!

Btw thanks Bambography - that comment puzzled me, too! :lol:

That's cause you weren't the one who slipped on a dirty floor in a pitch black portaloo, landed in a pool of I don't want to know what on the floor and bashed their head on the door quite badly. And that was before I started drinking!

Edited by *mouse*

Hi Boltonian, it's a very disabled friendly event. The site is fully featured and has easy access throughout, and the site owners couldn't be more helpful!

Btw thanks Bambography - that comment puzzled me, too! :lol:

That's cause you weren't the one who slipped on a dirty floor in a pitch black portaloo, landed in a pool of I don't want to know what on the floor and bashed their head on the door quite badly. And that was before I started drinking!

Nothing wrong with the bogs last year, posh ones for the sensitive types and ever so slightly lower standard ones :P:laughing: for those of us that couldn't be bothered to walk for the extra minute :lol: .

Cheers

Schnuz.

Will anyone be brave enough this year to take the SATAN'S ASHES challenge?

Eat a portion of the World's Hottest Curry... and get 10 doubloons as a reward!

343318_1.jpg

Hotness has got a new definition, courtesy a curry called 'Satan's Ashes', which requires its makers and staff to wear masks and rubber gloves to handle it.

Touted as the hottest in the world, the dish contains the Naga Morich chilli, which measures 953,721 on the Scoville heat scale.

If this was not hot enough, the dish also contains the Bhut Jolokia, which has been registered at a sweat-inducing 1,001,304.

And to get a spoonful of this sadistic dish, one has to visit Cumbria, Lancashire... or PIRATEMANIA!

It's ludicrous stuff isn't it... there'll be plenty of raw birds eye chillies like last year, too, all in the cause of scurvy prevention of course :P<_<

If you're not yet on the Twitter feed then catch us at http://www.twitter.com/piratemania and the Facebook link at http://www.facebook.com/popuppirate/posts/200929153252293#!/event.php?eid=126987557370095 :)

Volunteers will be needed this year, as numbers seem to be flying in thick and fast... we're already hovering around the 200 attendees figure :P

I'm currently compiling the videos from past Piratemania events, get in with the Grog Crew!

31cec938-0802-4825-8d33-2badeda2a155.jpg

4617623b-e2a2-408b-87fa-1e67ea9901b0.jpg

4ee1e6c0-4267-41f4-90a7-c6eadb4e9519.jpg

a6ada97e-986b-4e09-904c-4a22921aff3c.jpg

45cb16ab-5139-4c0f-b6b4-c28f9889dcee.jpg

7e70b9b7-2654-4b81-b32c-3aa718fec72e.jpg

7145a4c9-a3d6-4e5e-b9e1-b7a10f7ea132.jpg

Log your WILL ATTEND now!

Edited by PopUpPirate