Hike this Saturday 2/19, anyone?

SudsyMaggie
Followers 1

I'd like to get out on a hike this Saturday, February 19th.

Snow, no snow. Cache, no cache. Doesn't matter much to me! Just want to get out and hit the trail. I can't hike alone though, so thought I'd see if anyone would be interested in joining me?

I prefer the Olympics, Rainier, or central Cascades (I-90) but wouldn't be against traveling elsewhere to hike.

Hi SudsyM

I would have loved to go hiking somewhere anywhere in WA. I'm new to the state and can't wait to hit the trails here. I'm so ready to buy all the green trail maps and start getting out there. If you or anybody else for that matter wants to go hiking soon, let me know. I just need to check my schedule to be sure I not working that night.

~dennisro

Hi SudsyM

I would have loved to go hiking somewhere anywhere in WA. I'm new to the state and can't wait to hit the trails here. I'm so ready to buy all the green trail maps and start getting out there. If you or anybody else for that matter wants to go hiking soon, let me know. I just need to check my schedule to be sure I not working that night.

~dennisro

If you are a Garmin user, you might want to check out NW Trails, a downloadable set of trail maps for Garmin units that use maps. It'll save a bit of cash over the paper maps.

edit to correct a word.

Edited by The Jester

Hi SudsyM

~dennisro

If you are a Garmin user, you might want to check out NW Trails, a downloadable set of trail maps for Garmin units that use maps. It'll save a bit of cash over the paper maps.

edit to correct a word.

And DeLorme users can gain their version here. Click the DeLorme NWT button.

Hi SudsyM

~dennisro

edit to correct a word.

I checked out the website, pretty cool. Does it say if a trail is bike able? I also bought a cheap mountain bike to do some biking/caching on trails.

Hi SudsyM

~dennisro

edit to correct a word.

I checked out the website, pretty cool. Does it say if a trail is bike able? I also bought a cheap mountain bike to do some biking/caching on trails.

Not at this time, but he has been collecting data about allowable useages. It would be a kind of hard to put that info on the GPSr - some areas have limits, some have outright bans, and others are unkown. As an example, Cougar Mtn Regional Park allows hikers on all trails, horses on some trails, and bans bikes. And then some places (i.e.. Tiger Mtn) has seasonal bans...

Hi SudsyM

~dennisro

edit to correct a word.

except that a single GPSr should never be considered the only source of navigation when out in the back country

Hi SudsyM

~dennisro

edit to correct a word.

except that a single GPSr should never be considered the only source of navigation when out in the back country

Very true. But having all the trail maps in one place (GPSr) can save money. That way you only have to buy the maps as you need them, not "buy all the green trail maps". And NW Trails covers a lot of areas that Green Trails doesn't (local park and such).