Notifications

Cape Geckos

I've received all the ones listed in my newsletter except for an Earthcache and one outside of my 100km radius setting, but that's what I would expect from my PQ settings. Some of the dates in the newsletter precede the dates of the relevant notification e-mails, but I have them all.

Have you checked to see that your PQ settings are still the same? Radius, type, etc.

I have noticed that I am not receiving notifications for all the caches that are being published. Reading today's newsletter from Groundspeak I see that there is a large percentage that I did not receive.

Is anyone else having this same problem?

I had a problem with notifications and logs a little while ago. It turned out that gmail had marked these messages as spam and was putting them all in the spam folder. I later realised that this is probably because when the SA TB race started, all contestant's were on my watch list. This meant that over the first few days of the race, my mailbox was suddenly bombarded by hundreds of emails from Groundspeak and Gmail thought it must be spam :unsure:

This may not be the same problem you are having, as you say you are receiving the newsletter, which comes from the same "noreply" address.

I have noticed that I am not receiving notifications for all the caches that are being published. Reading today's newsletter from Groundspeak I see that there is a large percentage that I did not receive.

Is anyone else having this same problem?

I had a problem with notifications and logs a little while ago. It turned out that gmail had marked these messages as spam and was putting them all in the spam folder. I later realised that this is probably because when the SA TB race started, all contestant's were on my watch list. This meant that over the first few days of the race, my mailbox was suddenly bombarded by hundreds of emails from Groundspeak and Gmail thought it must be spam :unsure:

This may not be the same problem you are having, as you say you are receiving the newsletter, which comes from the same "noreply" address.

IT is not blocking any. I checked and they have Groundspeak on the white list.

I have checked my notification settings and have them down at 20km radius of my home co-ordinates (also checked). I have the identical settings for all types of caches published. I have checked them and those caches published and no notifications received are within the specified radius.

Do I understand correctly that your e-mail notifications are set for caches within a 20km radius of your home, but that none of the caches listed on the newsletter are within 20km of your home? In that case, that's what I would expect to happen.

I'm not sure what radius from home co-ordinates the newsletter uses, but in my case I get notifications of new caches which are at a greater radius from home in the newsletter, than what the radius setting in my notification e-mails are.

I have checked my notification settings and have them down at 20km radius of my home co-ordinates (also checked). I have the identical settings for all types of caches published. I have checked them and those caches published and no notifications received are within the specified radius.

The only other thing which comes to mind, is that perhaps a problem happened internally... stranger things have happened. Try creating a new notification with something more common than publish logs, lets say Found It logs of Traditional caches within 80km. See if you get those notifications, which shouldn't take too long. If that does work, then try deleting and recreating your other notifications. If not, then we'll have to give the problem more thought :huh:

The newsletter has a 100km radius - cool, no problem there.

I do not receieve any cache notifications outside of the 20km radius and I receive some, but not all, that are within this radius.

I guess I must try reset the notifications. "Have you tried switching it off and then on again" (from The IT Crowd) comes to mind.

I receive some, but not all, that are within this radius.

Do the ones you receive have anything in common, ie. only one particular cache type that you received, or within a certain distance from your coords, but not necessarily the same as your settings?

Also, going back to the emails for a second. You could try testing that the emails are definately not getting blocked or redirected on your side by sending test messages with the same subject and body as the notifications would have?

We had a problem receiving any mail from Groundspeak or Geocaching when our service provider was telkomsa.net - it blocked all messages as spam. Despite many phone calls and time spent trying to resolve the problem, we eventually changed our service provider and the problem disappeared!

Probably a similar problem to the one I had. I know its too late now as you have already changed, but you probably could have fixed it yourself by logging into your mailbox (webmail) online and adding Groundspeak to your white list. It is possible it could happen with any provider that has a spam filtering service, so this would be the first thing to look at.

Do the ones you receive have anything in common, ie. only one particular cache type that you received, or within a certain distance from your coords, but not necessarily the same as your settings?

I did check and am missing one "traditional" and one "unknown" out of the list in today's newsletter.

I think I am getting all the "multis" but can't be sure.

I didn't get the "earth cache" but that is cause it is just out of range (23km).

I did check and am missing one "traditional" and one "unknown" out of the list in today's newsletter.

I think I am getting all the "multis" but can't be sure.

I didn't get the "earth cache" but that is cause it is just out of range (23km).

Did you set up the Test Notice? If you did, you should have got some notices by now. I've got loads and have had to delete it now :rolleyes: