Discounted Geocaching Gear?

Dekaner

At our last event gathering we had well over 100 (150 I think) people visit us.

As a fundraiser to cover the cost of putting the event together, we had a raffle where we gave away a number of things as prizes. Included in those prizes were some GC.com merchandise that we purchased.

A number of people came up to the prize table and asked if they could buy some of the stuff. (Hats in particular.)

Is there any sort of incentive program for groups to buy GC.com stuff and resell it at our events?

What about a deal with Sunrise where we could get our group name or logo embroidered alongside the GC one?

Just some ideas, looking for feedback.

PS All funds raised that were above and beyond the cost of the event (namely $60) will go to fund our newly forming NYS organization as well as future events.

- Dekaner of Team KKF2A

Hi. I am a Groundspeak guy but I also work for Sunrise Identity (my day job). As part of my day job, I manage the Groundspeak promotional merchandise program. Since I work for both companies, I am the one who sets up bulk sales and distribution for the merchandise.

The answer to your first question is: YES, we can provide bulk discounts to groups or for events. Anyone can feel free to email me to discuss this further. bryan@Groundspeak.com

The answer to your second question is also YES. With permission of Groundspeak, Sunrise Identity can co-brand the Geocaching merchandise in a variety of ways. Please note that production of small quantities of certain items can be cost prohibitive. Again, please feel free to contact me for details.

One suggestion for a fundraising item that we have been considering is state magnets. We could allow state organizations to use the Groundspeak logo, royalty free, to produce co-branded state-shaped magnets which could be combined with all states to form a collectible US map magnet. It could be pretty cool to seek out Geocaching magnets from specific states to add to geocachers' personal map collections. It would also help generate funds to support the many geocaching organizations out there. Obviously there are many considerations involved (same scale magnets) and we welcome any feedback on this idea. Your Thoughts?

Happy Geocaching!

Sincerely,

Bryan a/k/a rothstafari

www.Groundspeak.com

bryan@Groundspeak.com

quote:
Originally posted by Bryan (Admin):

One suggestion for a fundraising item that we have been considering is state magnets. We could allow state organizations to use the Groundspeak logo, royalty free, to produce co-branded state-shaped magnets which could be combined with all states to form a collectible US map magnet.

This sounds way cool, but I'm afraid I'll need to get a larger fridge icon_smile.gif

Both are awesome ideas. I love the idea of co-branding items from Geocaching. We have been allowed to do this with a few items on our GGA CafePress site with permission from Geocaching.com (specifically from Bryan).

http://www.cafepress.com/_GGA

I like the idea of getting a group of people together and getting a nice embroidered hat with a GGA logo on it too. I may bring it up at one of the meetings soon and see if there is some interest.

For the magnets, if a single source could be identified, then cachers from different states would be able to get a consistent image produced that would link up as collected. I bet someone can suggest a good low-priced source.

quote:
Originally posted by Nurse Dave & LKay:

you guys in Georgia have your stuff together!

I believe they're the first geocaching organization to be created. As a result, great things have happened in Georgia icon_smile.gif

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

I had done some CafePress Stuff for myself personally. I have some shirts and coffee mugs with pictures of J.C. the puppymonster on them (he is my avatar and my Geocaching buddy sometimes). As we formed the GGA back in June of last year, it just seemed like a natural to print stuff with GGA logos on it to sell to GA Geocachers. Anyone can start a store, and it is pretty easy to set up. Bryan has been great to work with to get approval for the use of the Geocaching Logo on a couple of our items.

Many thanks for the kind words Jeremy. We were the first, and it has been fun. We have some fun times at our event cache meetings. We swap some tall tales and hear some funny cache stories! We have been able to get Geocaches approved once again in our GA State Parks with certain conditions. Two have been placed recently, and I just placed the third approved cache in a GA State Park today! We worked together and we finally got some positive results. You have to love that!!!

icon_smile.gif Sorry for the digression, but I had to thank Jeremy and Nurse Dave & LKay for the nice things you both said.

[This message was edited by mtn-man on October 14, 2002 at 09:11 AM.]

I love the magnet idea! I'd like to get our Maryland club involved in something like that!

-------------------------------------

Hope is the destination that we seek.

Love is the road that leads to hope.

Courage is the motor that drives us.

We travel out of darkness into faith.

-=The Book Of Counted Sorrows=-