Yin Yang Koi Mystery coin

Crowesfeat30

Ok, so this evening I was opening up a stack of envelopes that had been accumulating on my desk, most of which contained Pat... ummm, I mean, those small round thingies that have a hole, design on one side, serial number on the other...:ph34r: Anyhoo, I open up one that, after diving back into the trash can to find & inspect the envelope, was addresses both to me and from me, and instead of one of those above mentioned thingies :rolleyes: I tip out this:

coin010.jpgquick scan so please forgive the quality...

It is a 1" micro coin, non-trackable and the back is quite mysterious. Not sure if I should post it or not so I'll hold off for right now. Has anyone else gotten one of these? I didn't see any other thread mentioning this cute coin but if there is one, please direct me to it and close this one. Anyway, I would like to thank whomever sent me the coin. It is beautiful and I will treasure it and the mystery of it's origins. :wub:

CF30

Edited by Eartha

It is a beautiful coin for sure!! Congrats to all who found one!

It reminds the wishing coin but... if I remember well... in the thread where we were drawing coins without looking at them... a cacher made a design and some thought that it was the wishing coin.... then an other cacher (Sorry I do not remember who... and I can not find the thread), said that there was already a coin that looked like the wishing coin....

Is there a posibility that he was talking about this coin???

Well... As GATOULIS I love fish... and do not worry... I will not eat this lovely GC! :laughing:

Edited by GATOULIS

It's such a simple peaceful looking coin. Good size for film canisters. I'm really curious about the back.

CONGRATULATIONS on receiving one.

You're not seriously thinking about putting a mystery coin into a cache, are you? :ph34r:

Mystery Coins are to be treasured, stored in a special place, taken out and admired every now and then, and generally be much more precious than any other coin in the collection.

Well, at my place anyway.... ;)

Once I had organised a small scale coin event, where I brought my mystery coins as well. I was really upset, that noone really seemed to get the idea, just how special those coins are. Most were just bored, cause there weren't any tracking numbers to write down. Banausos. :mad:

Edit: silly typo

Edited by ElliPirelli

I'm probably mistaken, but I thought this was an older mystery coin...anyone care to enlighten us all?

My thanks again to the mystery coin person (I hope I said thank you...I've not been running on all 4 cylinders the last couple of weeks.)

ILYK
Edited by drneal

I'm probably mistaken, but I thought this was an older mystery coin...anyone care to enlighten us all?...

for some reason i remember that too.

rsg

Saffier & Stekelsteef had a personal coin that resembles the koi..... not a mystery coin though.....

Love the deep blue in this one ...maybe someday... :rolleyes:

I'm probably mistaken, but I thought this was an older mystery coin...anyone care to enlighten us all?...

rsg

Saffier & Stekelsteef had a personal coin that resembles the koi..... not a mystery coin though.....

Don't think it's that one.

eef1e79d-7565-4f72-886c-fd23dd543790.jpg

rsg

Don't think it's that one.

eef1e79d-7565-4f72-886c-fd23dd543790.jpg

Yes, this is the Saffier Koi coin.

It's the Yin Yang Koi Mystery. Found this photo on a sale site, via google.

%21C%21mdLRwBWk%7E$%28KGrHqMOKj8Ez%28pUcEsGBNDrDZ0rFw%7E%7E_1.JPG?set_id=8800005007

This is the: Yin Yang Koi Mystery

(it's actually the Japanese variation of Yin Yang and would be called Inyodo, but that's beside the point!).

Mark, I love that name! Inyodo Koi mystery coin. Is there an official name of this coin yet?

Aren't we lucky to have found such a great hobby with such giving people. Thank you so much mystery senders, you brighten everyone's day!

%21C%21mdLRwBWk%7E$%28KGrHqMOKj8Ez%28pUcEsGBNDrDZ0rFw%7E%7E_1.JPG?set_id=8800005007

(it's actually the Japanese variation of Yin Yang and would be called Inyodo, but that's beside the point!).

Mark, I love that name! Inyodo Koi mystery coin. Is there an official name of this coin yet?

Aren't we lucky to have found such a great hobby with such giving people. Thank you so much mystery senders, you brighten everyone's day!

I think that it is officially the "Yin Yang Koi." But I'm not expert, so please correct me if I am wrong. :lol: I do believe this is an older coin. Until today, I have only seen or heard of this coin once. Glad to see it come back.

Also, and more importantly :wub: , CONGRATS!!! to all who have received this wonderful little coin.

I have found it much easier to admire the Mystery coins and not mention a lot on the thread (except that this coin is beautiful)then to drive myself crazy wondering why I have not received one.

My name is on the list and if the Mystery Coiner sees fit to send me one,so be it if not then so be that also. I do have a few Mystery coins in my collection and they hold a very special place in my heart!

I think that it is officially the "Yin Yang Koi." But I'm not expert, so please correct me if I am wrong. :lol: I do believe this is an older coin. Until today, I have only seen or heard of this coin once. Glad to see it come back.

Also, and more importantly :wub: , CONGRATS!!! to all who have received this wonderful little coin.

Correct. Yin Yang Koi coin --- initially this coin was mysteriously put into caches. the owner moved and kinda forgot about it, until recently when I had one up as a charity auction on ebay and people inquired about it. :) So yes, it's been around for a while.

WOW...well, what can I say. I've never been one to come to these threads and rave about how much I like a certain Mystery Coin, and how I'd love to have one and all that, but I have to admit that ever since this beautiful Coin and the new Mickey Diver coins have been showing up, I have been eager to check my mail each day, even when I wasn't expecting anything to be there. I was sooo happy when I saw that a Mysterious Envelope had been sent to me from MYSELF!! It arrived in my Mailbox this past Saturday(which happens to be the day that San Francisco had our annual Chinese New Year Parade, the largest outside of Asia). Thank you so much for brightening up my week, and the lives of so many others too. It's a wonderful Coin!!

d7600c8c-3bf5-4de8-8199-17850835f429.jpg

WOW...well, what can I say. I've never been one to come to these threads and rave about how much I like a certain Mystery Coin, and how I'd love to have one and all that, but I have to admit that ever since this beautiful Coin and the new Mickey Diver coins have been showing up, I have been eager to check my mail each day, even when I wasn't expecting anything to be there. I was sooo happy when I saw that a Mysterious Envelope had been sent to me from MYSELF!! It arrived in my Mailbox this past Saturday(which happens to be the day that San Francisco had our annual Chinese New Year Parade, the largest outside of Asia). Thank you so much for brightening up my week, and the lives of so many others too. It's a wonderful Coin!!

Congratulations. You deserve it.

Congratulations. You deserve it.

i agree writeshoprobert is one of the true gems of the forum.