Would you put a cache here?

Treasure Hunters Inc.

I know of a really interesting place for a virtual cache. However it is probably the most sensitive and fragile natural area in the state. The state department of natural resources conducts tours of the area one one weekend each year (reservations needed). The area is extreamly unique and very interesting and anyone who takes the tour will be pleasantly surprized with what they see. This virtual cache would have to be made inactive all other times.

But it is not impossible to visit the area illeagly other times and I would NOT want this to happen.

I'm just looking for some opinions. I would contact the department of resources first befor asking TPB to approve such a cache.

$1000 Bill geocaching is living in a 30 foot circle

Well now... You pose an interesting question. But if the park service even hosts a single tour they are not protecting it like archeological sites get protected. Which is to say they are kept secret so that future generations cant enjoy them either.

I have no respect for this way of thinking. I'd do the cache if the spot was worthy. You may feel differently. A virtual cache is much easier to find than a traditional. In this case your virtual would save a lot of wear and tear on the ground. For a cache to be there at all, that's the way to go.

Wherever you go there you are.

Instead of making the cool place the virtual, maybe there is a way you could make the official tour the "cache". Maybe like an event cache since the date is likely to change each year.

Of course there would need to be a way to verify that the person went on the tour.

Just a thought...

All good valid points. As I said I would get state approval before going to TPTB. I am inclined to think that the event cache idea is probably the better way to do this. The area is actually on an island and transportation is provided when the tour is conducted. There is a board walk that the tours follow. It is possible to visit the island by boat though difficult, or across the ice in the winter (when they're as cold as this one has been.

$1000 Bill geocaching is living in a 30 foot circle