Downloading Mulitple Caches

sveil

I understand this topic is entirely basic but I can't seem to find a way to do this, if it is possible.

Basically what I'm looking to do download a number of caches near my home location and my common areas of weekend hangouts so that if I want to just pick up my GPS and start looking for caches I can. Is this something that can be done or do you have to use "Find a Cache" and put in your location and manual select every cache near you to create a read database on your GPS unit?

What type of GPSr do you have? I have a Magellan explorist GC and it can hold 10,000 caches in it. So instead of loading up a few sections I loaded the whole WNY area into it. Currently I have about 5,500 caches loaded so when we go out I can just turn it on and see if there is any in the area.

Follow this post, My link, for instructions on what I did to load my GPSr up with caches. Any questions just ask.

I can't figure out how to do pocket queries. It seems like it would be a lot better than the way I am doing it now. I've managed to put the coords in wrong a couple of times already. Is there a way to get them into an etrex easily?

You need to be a Premium Member to run Pocket Queries...

All you ever wanted to know about PQ's, but were afraid to ask: http://www.markwell.us/pq.htm

I can't figure out how to do pocket queries. It seems like it would be a lot better than the way I am doing it now. I've managed to put the coords in wrong a couple of times already. Is there a way to get them into an etrex easily?

Best program for that is EasyGPS.

However, the etrex is just not a paperless unit and will not be able to display the cache page details other than name, coords and the hint.

Best program for that is EasyGPS.

However, the etrex is just not a paperless unit and will not be able to display the cache page details other than name, coords and the hint.

I'll try EasyGPS. Is there a better gps that is as affordable as the etrex? We are really enjoying this so far and I might be willing to put a little more into one that is easier to get the coordinates into.