Pocket Query Problem- I don't get ALL the hints

Boundertom

I have been having a problem with the pocket queries for my home area for several weeks. The PRC file does not give all the hints, just the first few (maybe 10 to 15% of them). In all the files that I can recall or still have, the hints seem to stop at exactly the same place, which is:

GCDB34

New Page 4 The cache is wedged into a very tight fit inside of the hand rail where you get a grip

I have reconfigured my queries several different ways, and get the same results. So far, TPTB have not been able to help. This is becoming a major nuisance.

I have the latest version of Mobipocket. I encounter the problem both on my PC, and PDA. Queries that I have done for another area worked fine.

I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

I forgot to mention that on the actual cache page, the phrase "New Page 4" does not appear.

I just had an idea- I should just go find this cache and log it. The query is for caches I have not found, so this one would then be eliminated from the results. Not an elegant solution, but would be interesting to see what happens!

Tom your problem may be something different but it sounds the same as what gpx2html / plucker combo had early on. Plucker had problems with my pocket queries because 3 or 4 caches in my area have "bad html" in their hints. FizzyMagic who created gpx2html altered his app. so that the offending caches would be ignored or kicked out of the loop and Plucker would continue on its merry way and complete the .prc file.

Give it a try. You won't be disappointed.

Cheers, Olar

"You are only young once but you can stay immature forever"

I had the same problem, Tom, and I wasn't ever able to resolve it with MobiPocket. I moved over to one of the alternatives (presently using Spinner) and that resolved the problem. I *may* have had to also request my pocket query to come in zipped form (memory gets hazy here).

BTW, you'll probably like spinner or gpx2html a lot better than MobiPocket. It takes a little bit to get it set up, but the field use is much quicker and easier. Plus, it's nice to have the hint there when you need it! icon_smile.gif

Max

Often wrong but seldom in doubt

Thanks for the advice guys! I have been putting off the switch to GPX- I guess this is the time. I just got my first GPX query back and ran it through gpx2html, then Plucker to my PDA. It takes a few minutes, but seems to work good. In just a few minutes of fooling with it, I do see the advantages over Mobi. The hints are all there, and right on the cache page, no searching the appendix. I like the different sort options, and the search function is faster. It will take some time to get everything sorted out, but the first impression is good.

Thanks again!

Boundertom

I started to experience this same problem. Good to know what's up with the hints. I'm going to try setting up isilo and using gpxspinner now that there's an offline version (wee!). Thanks for the info.

--------

trippy1976 - Team KKF2A

Saving geocaches - one golf ball at a time.

Flat_MiGeo_A88.gif