Oregon 550t paperless gremlin

Ah yes!

:mad: This is a very recent problem. Up to a week or so ago, I could download cache information to my gps (Garmin Oregon 550t) and read it in the field without problem. I downloaded six caches which I went to look for last weekend and when I opened up details of each cache, all the message said was

"Receive more information such as cache descriptions and hints with a Premium Membership. Visit www.geocaching.com/subscribe for more details."

Luckily I was with another cacher who does not have a paperless unit and therefore had the descriptions printed out, thus saving the day.

I am a Premium Member and to get such a message is somewhat frustrating. Any suggestions as to how I can sort this one out please?

:mad: This is a very recent problem. Up to a week or so ago, I could download cache information to my gps (Garmin Oregon 550t) and read it in the field without problem. I downloaded six caches which I went to look for last weekend and when I opened up details of each cache, all the message said was

"Receive more information such as cache descriptions and hints with a Premium Membership. Visit www.geocaching.com/subscribe for more details."

Luckily I was with another cacher who does not have a paperless unit and therefore had the descriptions printed out, thus saving the day.

I am a Premium Member and to get such a message is somewhat frustrating. Any suggestions as to how I can sort this one out please?

As it appears that you downloaded each of the caches individually, rather than a s a PQ - did you download the GPX files - which would contain all the cache information you're missing, or is there any chance you could have clicked to download the LOC instead - which would only contain the name and co-ords?

As it appears that you downloaded each of the caches individually, rather than a s a PQ - did you download the GPX files - which would contain all the cache information you're missing, or is there any chance you could have clicked to download the LOC instead - which would only contain the name and co-ords?

Owing to an oversight, I've updated my query before I was able to delete the first one, which you've replied to. The update may answer your questions - perhaps I can delete this thread and follow up on the update (if that makes sense!) Thanks for replying.

I've just been told that my Premium Member status has expired! I did not receive a renewal notice and have wasted ages trying to sort out what I thought was a technical problem and not an administrative one.

My thanks to the cacher who pointed this out to me.

Best wishes to all.