Wenatchee Cache Machine II

travisl

This map, undated but official, doesn't show it.
Not sure if this is what you are looking for or not. ... which then linked me to the map

Hope this helps.

It seems somewhat familiar :lol:

Ok gonna claim I did this after midnight when my brain was not fully engaged and my grasp of the situation was sleeping on the job :blink: . Having a Duhhh moment and I get it now. When will I learn not to post late I night.

With the CO's blessing, I am planning to bring a little sampling from the Cache Cave for some tailgate commerce if you need any gear or geo-goodies. Looks like the best spot to connect with folks is the parking lot at the Walla Walla Point Park, near Fish Are Friends AND Food (http://coord.info/GC194W3). This also looks like a nice place to stop for lunch and is the jumping-off point for four caches on the route, and has a tentative route arrival time of 12:38 PM...

I'll be in Night*Cacher's Black Nitro. I'll also be at dinner and hopefully the pre dinner Friday night too, but not really 'set up'. See y'all soon!

The final route is up! A few caches added, a few removed, a major re-routing in the northwest corner of the route, and good times ahead.

No parking by the "no parking" signs on the east side of the Odabashian bridge. This should go without saying, but I'm saying, anyway.

If there's any changes after this date, I'll announce them at the pre-event dinner on Friday, and will post them here after the dinner on Friday night.

The current forecast is for a 40% chance of showers with a high of 57° and a low of 39°. Dress accordingly.

Bookmark of final draft is now up. See the dinner event page for the link.

Two problem children, #097 and #099 are still available.

Thanks yet again for getting this put together. I have it on good authority that #097 and #099 will be up and running by Saturday.

Just a little something I sometimes put together a few days before a CM. Central Washington sure does seem to be a popular place:

Some people just won't RSVP, will they? :smile:

My guess would be that some of it is "maybe my work/spouse/other" will let me go at the last minute...the other may be a caching family...main account says they will attend but then 5 other log-in names pop up later for spouse and kids, and sometimes pets.

Looking forward to this weekend. We missed your cache machines TravisL. They quite didn't understand the concept in Texas...

Trevor and Kate

Last minute updates, as announced at dinner tonight:

•  
  • #8, "Wally", GCJEHR, has been reported as missing.
  • #29, "Non-Rolling Log", GCMG3E, is unavailable until 9 AM (this shouldn't be an issue)
  • Adding a new cache to the route: "Combination", GC2QNNA, is between stops 81 and 82, and is already in JHolly's bookmark list.

Also, unannounced at dinner:

• Two different people told me they DNFed 104 and 105 (your mileage may vary)
  • The container for 108 was damaged and may be unavailable.

Edited by travisl

To all the folks in the Wenatchee area who worked hard to make my visit as enjoyable as it was, Thank You! I found many new locations and came to appreciate your fine city all the more. Up to now, I just knew it as a place to drive through on the way to somewhere else. This is one of the reasons I enjoy caching.

To TravisL, who organized the event and served as my personal navigator :D a big thank you! Great fun and good dinner location too.

Thanks again! ~k

Edited by Kiersolvd

To all the folks in the Wenatchee area who worked hard to make my visit as enjoyable as it was, Thank You! I found many new locations and came to appreciate your fine city all the more. Up to now, I just knew it as a place to drive through on the way to somewhere else. This is one of the reasons I enjoy caching.

To TravisL, who organized the event and served as my personal navigator :D a big thank you! Great fun and good dinner location too.

Thanks again! ~k

+1

I did the first WCM five years ago, and it was a pleasure to return and see sights both old and new, and visit with the locals. Thanks also to the members of team THAK! for the fun: kiersolvd (driver), TravisL (navigator), and alciato (co- page reader and snack mom).

more importantly, the date for the Methow Cache Machine event is going to be September 17, not September 24 as was tentatively scheduled.

Since Nichole's birthday is the 23rd that will help at the quads house. I was still going it was just not going to be any fun three days before I left and the three days after I got back.