How to search for caches

John&Jan

Hi All! Could someone please tell me how to search for caches located near a certain international city? DH & I will be spending a week in Ennis, Ireland and would like to search out from there each afternoon after work. Thx for the help!!

EDIITING original message: My question may not have been clear-LOL!! How do I look up caches here on the site to find how many are located near the town of Ennis, Ireland? If I just search Ireland, I have no way to tell where in Ireland they are related to where we'll be. Thanks again!!

Edited by John&Jan

Hi All! Could someone please tell me how to search for caches located near a certain international city? DH & I will be spending a week in Ennis, Ireland and would like to search out from there each afternoon after work. Thx for the help!!

2. Go to the "Hide and Seek a Geocache Page"
  3. Enter "Ennis, Ireland" into the "By Address" box.
  4. Click on the "Go" button next to that box.
  5. Select the caches you're interested in and download the waypoints to your computer into a waypoint manager such as EasyGPS. You can do this a page at a time by selecting the checkbox next to each cache.
  6. Upload the waypoints to your GPS and then go search for them.

The last two steps may be different if you're using a smart phone, or a GPS which doesn't allow you to upload waypoints as a batch.

If you know how, using a pocket query will also do what you want. NYPaddlCacher's advice is probably the simplest way, though.

It is worth noting that there is also the option of sending direct to GPS, so after step 3 you can simply send individual waypoints direct to GPS one by one, simply by clicking on the little black and green 'send to GPS' icon that is in the last column on the right. This eliminates the need for batch downloads and use of EasyGPS, unless you want to do it that way.

2. Go to the "Hide and Seek a Geocache Page"
  3. Enter "Ennis, Ireland" into the "By Address" box.
  4. Click on the "Go" button next to that box.
  5. Select the caches you're interested in and download the waypoints to your computer into a waypoint manager such as EasyGPS. You can do this a page at a time by selecting the checkbox next to each cache.
  6. Upload the waypoints to your GPS and then go search for them.

The last two steps may be different if you're using a smart phone, or a GPS which doesn't allow you to upload waypoints as a batch.

just adding that you can limit the radius of the search as well to keep it close to the town.