Homemade GPX files

Genoist

is there any way to make GPX files with your own data? i want to make gpx files of benchmarks that contain the actual pages (since pocket queries doesn't do this icon_mad.gif ). any help would be most welcome.

The majority of the world is stupid, and the rest of us are in danger of contagion.

I tried something this morning, and while it's not as nice as our cache options, it may have a place in our benchmark arsenal:

I created a plucker channel linked to benchmarks within my 10-mile radius. I only set it for 2 layers deep. The original list, plus the underlying layer. The list included 116 marks and came out to be 333kb in size. It's not real pretty, as it grabbed the traditional layout, including images (actually just their place-holders, as I set images to be ignored) and ads, but it was definitely faster that clipping 116 memos! Also the actual mark pages are complete, including any logs that exist. The front page has the marks listed by distance from origin, just as they appear on the web, but the search feature makes finding a specific PID quite simple.

Now if we could get one of those hard-core programmers hooked on benchmarks!

Greg

N 39 54.705'

W 77 33.137'