Let's see that Travel Bug Tattoo!

BlueDeuce

For others interested in getting a TB Tattoo:

Link to details of how to get a tattoo icon on geocaching.com's facebook page.

Breaking news: A unique icon for Travel Bug tattoos is now available! We need to switch the icon manually. If you have a TB tattoo, please email a pic (file size less than 1 MB) and the tracking code to pr@Groundspeak.com. The subject line should read "Tattoo" Thanks for the suggestion!
Edited by BlueDeuce

Got mine last week. This is it after a shower fresh after the 2 hours and a lot of pain; but my design came out as I wanted.

Geocaching logo, slightly altered with a Mythosaur(Creature from Star Wars, Boba Fett had one on his shoulder) in the middle.

Edited by Riser5

I just discovered him! :lol:

AND THIS MOST IMPORTANT ONE:

If you log a bogus virtual log on a TB, or offer your own TB up for virtual logging you will risk having that TB page locked forever. This means, if you never saw a bug, but got the bug number and you log it, that bug is in risk of being taken out of the game. Don't do this to TB owners who inadvertently might post a photo, or someone else posts a photo, of their TB number. Don't log it virtually. It's considered abuse of the system. And it's not fair play.

This post has been edited by Eartha: 12 April 2010 - 05:45 PM

I just discovered him! :lol:

If you log a bogus virtual log on a TB, or offer your own TB up for virtual logging you will risk having that TB page locked forever. This means, if you never saw a bug, but got the bug number and you log it, that bug is in risk of being taken out of the game. Don't do this to TB owners who inadvertently might post a photo, or someone else posts a photo, of their TB number. Don't log it virtually. It's considered abuse of the system. And it's not fair play.

Learn something new everyday here. Just deleted log. It was done in humor though I see now that that was not appropriate.

first time i see this, while i don't agree with virtual logging isn't that too drastic? lol...its a log on a TB not stealing someone's valuables, and woohoo the TB owner gets punished :laughing:

Just got mine the other day! GeoJunkie's Arm Cache

I photoshopped the tracking number out, but it's across the lid and designed to look like the stencils that are on ammo cans before you repaint them. This was right after I came off the chair and turned out much better than I expected!

f3773044-5aa5-4045-9015-23c756588519.jpg

I'm not a great fan of tattoos (just my personal squeamishness, probably) but even I can appreciate that is very good job. Hope you get your icon soon.

MrsB :)

Planning on getting one in a few months. But I really want it to be personal and more meaningful than just a TB icon and code. Integrating the code in something else, somehow. That way it will still mean something even in 50 years when geocaching might be very different, the website might be gone or codes aren't trackable anymore.

I'll post images when/if I get it ;)

...hi!

I hope, you can help.

Just send a question to Groundspeak, but no response until now.

I want to ask, if I have to choose a "normal" Travel Bug Tag http://shop.geocaching.com/default/trackable-items-2/travel-bugs/travel-bug.html

or if I can also choose a number from a car travel bug like this ones

http://shop.geocaching.com/default/trackable-items-2/travel-bugs/static-cling-travel-bug.html

or that ones

http://shop.geocaching.com/default/trackable-items-2/travel-bugs/vehicle-magnet-travel-bug.html.

because I want to use one, that I still own.

Kind regards,

Maja

Typically, one would use your first choice, but if you wish, you could also use your second choice -- though that would result in "wasting" the decal as you would not (shouldn't) use it on anything else.

Your third link provided me a "sorry, but what you requested..."-type of page.

A travel bug is a travel bug is a travel bug -- what you attach it to is pretty much your choice. :)

You can user the code from any trackable you own to include geocoins.

Are you sure that you can take the tracking number from a geocoin and then get Groundspeak to change it to the human tattoo bug icon?

It's just that I'd be a bit surprised if they would be willing to do this. A generic TB icon to a tattoo... yes... fine.

MrsB :)

I am 99% sure that you can.. But the Knowledge Book only say

"Making yourself trackable is an easy process.  Simply purchase a set of Travel Bugs from Shop Groundspeak or one of Groundspeak's Official Distributors. Activate the Travel Bug set and then include the tracking code as part of the design for your tattoo.  It is important that you do not send the travel bug set out in geocaches, as it will cause confusion.  Since you are the trackable, other geocachers must see your tattoo in person in order to 'discover' you on Geocaching.com.

Once you have your tattoo, Groundspeak can give you the custom Travel Bug Tattoo icon on the website.  Send an email to pr@Groundspeak.com and include a photo of the tattoo that clearly shows the tracking number.  The icons are typically updated within a week of receiving your email."

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=315

I emailed the code that I wanted to use to the email address above to verify that my code was ok to use before I had it tattooed to my body.