Commercial or Not?

Crusso

I want to post a cache at my local Skydiving school. I enjoy the sport & it's really cool to come out here on the weekend and watch the skydivers. My question is, will this be considered commercial as the land is part of the school? There is a parking lot for viewers & no one approaches you to recruit potential skydivers. (Hey kid, wanna see my parachute...)

Sounds fine to me; I would only ask that you set it up and hide it like you would any other geocache. Those who enjoy watching skydivers will get an added treat, but those who are only interested in geocaching won't be disappointed and won't feel like they've been lured out to a commercial enterprise in which they have no interest.

Hey, you could even post on the cache page that it is located at or near a drop zone and invite people to “drop in” to search for it. That would be a new means of transportation to a cache location! Not sure how the “terrain” should be rated, though... icon_biggrin.gif

Worldtraveler

Sounds fine to me; I would only ask that you set it up and hide it like you would any other geocache. Those who enjoy watching skydivers will get an added treat, but those who are only interested in geocaching won't be disappointed and won't feel like they've been lured out to a commercial enterprise in which they have no interest.

Hey, you could even post on the cache page that it is located at or near a drop zone and invite people to “drop in” to search for it. That would be a new means of transportation to a cache location! Not sure how the “terrain” should be rated, though... icon_biggrin.gif

Worldtraveler