Happy Friday!

MamaKatS

Woot! We made it to FRIDAY! After a two-week lapse with no geocaching, I'm excited to get out there to find some caches this weekend! While plotting my geocache targets for the weekend, I found THIS ONE - and am super, super excited about getting out there to find it. This is definitely a very unique location for a cache. It's almost one of my favorites and I haven't been there yet. :)

Soooo...anyone else have any unique caches you are going after this weekend?

MamaKatO, that looks like an awesome place to go caching! Have fun. Didn't know there was a bamboo forest up by Brenau, we'll have to head there next time we visit family.

We don't have big plans to find any, but we hope to kick off a creative bonus series. It'll take us a while to finish it, I think; we'll see how it goes!

MamaKatO, that looks like an awesome place to go caching! Have fun. Didn't know there was a bamboo forest up by Brenau, we'll have to head there next time we visit family.

We don't have big plans to find any, but we hope to kick off a creative bonus series. It'll take us a while to finish it, I think; we'll see how it goes!

I had no idea, either. I have to be up that way on Sunday afternoon, and figured I may as well find a cache or two while I was up in that neck of the woods... I haven't been out that way in eons, LOL! I was so excited when I saw that bamboo forrest... how freakin' cool is that???? When my son comes home, I'm definitely dragging him over there to see it, too. :D

Have fun with your creative caches! :)

Two things come to mind....the weather is warming up a bit (going to be about 40 degrees Sunday after highs in the teens all week) and I get to use my new Dakota 20 full force! I have used it the past couple days but just figured out how to log field notes and how to DL them so I can't wait to try it out tongue.gif

LOL - gotta giggle... all these "My XXXXXX-THOUSANDTH" cache is this weekend!" posts... I'll be all excited to find my 20th this weekend, hehe. :)

Happy hunting, everyone!

Ah, ya see, Mama Kat0, some of us have been doing this for a few years! :rolleyes:

18d13be7-a49a-4cb5-968f-81702f827caf.jpg

Dolphin at find #3000! Still four to six inches of snow with an icy crust. (Okay. A foot or more in some spots...) The lake was frozen over, so, no problem crossing it. A great cache! Tough when you've done most of the nearby caches, but I was saving this for a frozen lake day.

Great find, Harry Dolphin! :) We searched for four this weekend, and found three...including the one I was so excited about, the bamboo forest! :) Can read about our adventures HERE (Saturday) and HERE (Sunday's Bamboo Forest hunt). Finally got a camera, so my "photojournal blog" really is a photojournal blog now, LOL!

Hope everyone had a great caching weekend and found all you sought! :D

LOL - gotta giggle... all these "My XXXXXX-THOUSANDTH" cache is this weekend!" posts... I'll be all excited to find my 20th this weekend, hehe. :)

Happy hunting, everyone!

Ah, ya see, Mama Kat0, some of us have been doing this for a few years! :rolleyes:

18d13be7-a49a-4cb5-968f-81702f827caf.jpg

Dolphin at find #3000! Still four to six inches of snow with an icy crust. (Okay. A foot or more in some spots...) The lake was frozen over, so, no problem crossing it. A great cache! Tough when you've done most of the nearby caches, but I was saving this for a frozen lake day.

You crossed THAT lake? :blink:

Another Friday. Anybody have plans to go anywhere special to cache? We are headed out on Sunday to find the elusive Japanese camp west of Landers Ca. I guess this place is where the U.S. placed them in camps or where they hid so they wouldn't be put in camps after the Pearl Harbor bombings. Should be a fun trip since you have to 4x4 back in to the camp.

Happy Friday :)

Another weekend and another event. We'll also be caching in the Southwest suburbs of Denver.

Sounds like fun.

The event went great. I really enjoy meeting other cachers and I always learn something new. Realized after the meet that I met an occasional participant on this board.

The caching was productive but encountered a lot of bad hides in the morning. Broken containers, wet logs, prickly hides, etc. There were some good hides, but they were few and far between.

The afternoon was much better but less productive We'll hit a different area tomorrow and hope for better.

I didn't see this "Happy Friday" thread until today, Monday. I had a big weekend, both caching and non-caching. It was time for my wife's annual trip to Marietta, Ga. I took the opportunity while there to do my first Wherigo cache, owned by forum moderator Mtn-Man. It was fun, I wish there were more Wherigo caches around here... I own the only one near me.

I also visited a puzzle cache there, to drop off a travel bug that wants to visit puzzles. I did a couple of parking-lot micros just because they were in places that I happened to be.

Then on the trip home I set a new "personal best" for states... three in one day.

I also ate a slice of pizza that was bigger than my head, and saw an exhibit of 130 photographs by Ansel Adams. It was a great weekend!

We found the Japanese camp with snow on the ground and the temps in the LOW 30's. First time I've been to the desert with snow on the ground. Lots of mud to play in as well. We managed to travel 35 (4x4) miles and found 12 caches for the day. Put in a couple miles of hiking over rocks and snow to reach some of the caches. Just an awesome weekend for us. :)