Problem with the 62s

Zop

One of the things I really liked about the 60CSx was that I could easily see geocache names hovering over caches when looking at the map. This went away with the Oregon (one of the many reasons I dumpped it) and now that I have the 62s, I would really like to be able to use this feature again. Any tips on how to make it work?

I have been using the 62s for a couple of months now and this function has always been there for me to use. As far as my experience goes, as long as the caches are loaded on the GPS then when viewing them on a map just hover over them using the cursor and the cache name apears at the top of the screen. If you push enter when hovering over then you will be shown the cache info screen and can then opt to navigate to it. I hope this helps with your question.

LB

I have been using the 62s for a couple of months now and this function has always been there for me to use. As far as my experience goes, as long as the caches are loaded on the GPS then when viewing them on a map just hover over them using the cursor and the cache name apears at the top of the screen. If you push enter when hovering over then you will be shown the cache info screen and can then opt to navigate to it. I hope this helps with your question.

LB

Thanks LB but that's not what I'm referring to.

On the 60CSx, you could simply look at the map and read several cache names without moving anything. Just a glance and you can tell which cache is which within a certain area.

With the 62s, you have to move the cursor and hover like you mention.

One of the things I really liked about the 60CSx was that I could easily see geocache names hovering over caches when looking at the map. This went away with the Oregon (one of the many reasons I dumpped it) and now that I have the 62s, I would really like to be able to use this feature again. Any tips on how to make it work?

From extensive reading I get the impression that the 62 is an Oregon in a 60 look-alike case ( although from reading the 62 case has problems as well )

Amazing.....all they had to do was make a 60 CSx paperless and add a three axis compass to make the best unit EVER .